SL80 121 Help!

Sharkson

I am going to use my buddy's shotgun for duck this weekend (my first crack at hunting - got my licence tonight) which he left with me for safe-keeping. After 12 years out of country, I think I'm entitled to a little compensation for the rent. ;) I have no manual though, so...

My first question is, how the heck do you plug this thing? In Ontario, we're allowed only 2 in the magazine, and it currently holds four. I have the thing stripped down. How do I get the magazine off the receiver? Is it threaded on? It won't budge. Is there a trick to get the shell follower to slide out? Once I get inside the magazine, I can plug it no trouble.

Any help would be much appreciated.

:eek:

The original plug is nothing more than a rod shaped like a long nail which will go through the hole in the end of the forend retaining screw. You can make your own with a piece of soft steel rod and peen the end over or have one made by a machinist. The original was made from alum.

You don't need to take the mag apart.

You can find a schematic at www.gunpartscorp.com

Hope this helps you.

[ 09-20-2006, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: Full Bore ]

Originally posted by Full Bore:

The original plug is nothing more than a rod shaped like a long nail which will go through the hole in the end of the forend retaining screw. You can make your own with a piece of soft steel rod and peen the end over or have one made by a machinist. The original was made from alum.

You don't need to take the mag apart.

You can find a schematic at www.gunpartscorp.com

Hope this helps you.

Aha!

That would explain why there is a hole in the end of the forend retaining screw! That makes the removal of the mag unnecessary; it's sure on there tight anyway.

Thanks very much!!

• 2 weeks later...