M1014 Limited Edition

DUNC

So I'm looking for an M4 at the local cop shop but all they have is the 1014 Limited Edition. My question is can I replace the fixed telestock with a real telestock or does it require modification to the tube? How about swapping the fixed telestock for what I really wanted---a full pistol grip stock.

Thanks

Edit: Dealer says cannot put collapseable on the limited edition and wasn't sure about a full pistol grip stock. Then again he kept referring to the limited edition as the "1013"?????

[ 02-16-2005, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: DUNC ]

hey DUNK,,your dealer is not to smart,,go ahead and get the M1014 over the M4,the fixed choke on the M1014 is wonderful plus you can either buy your telescopic stock set up or have your present tube machined for as many positions as you'd like where ever you;d like on the tube ,,,,,,,,thats the route I went and was way cheaper and made the M1014 more versatil,the M1014 and the M4 are the same weapon in every mechanical feature,including the the stock tube area,,,there built around the no tool needed tear down .I'll post some pics here on this topic to show you some examples---peace man M1014 :cool:

Thanks m1014. So when you buy the collapseable stock seperate it comes with a new tube?? and you replace the whole setup? I thought I read the tube stays on the gun when swapping stocks. How about a pic of the stock off the gun?? You may have just convinced me.

M1014, I appreciate all the help. Here is where I get confused. I know the standard stocks are interchangeable on the recoil tube but (even though I don't have a need) if i wanted to add the collapseable for $180, how do you replace the recoil tube? or am i missing soemthing?? Thanks again, it's a big ticket item and i want to get the right setup.

Man,I know its a big ticket item,,,I had to beg borrow and steal the dough,,the recoil tube is replaceable,,thats an item that is torqed to factory specs and lock tighted down,,,,I would farm the tube removal and reinstallation to a very good gunsmith thats familiar with Benellis,,like a law enforcement gunsmith or so.Some things are better left to others-------- Peace M1014 ;)