sbe vs sbe II

Ranger

Does the sbe II offer more recoil reduction than the sbe with a limbsaver pad and recoil reducer in the stock? I wonder if I made a mistake buying the sbe instead of the sbe II? I mostly hunt waterfowl and upland game but I plan to start shooting quite a bit of sporting clays.

i have both SBE and SBE II. they feel the same and i shot them the same. I also hunt waterfowl, upland and shot 2 sporting clay leagues each year. I will notice a sore shoulder after 2 rounds (100 shells) of sporting clays. I also wear a T-shirt when i shot sporting clays. Both guns are amazing for the price you pay. the only thing i did with my SBE is i put a stainless steel recoil spring and magazine spring to prevent rusting, i dump my gun in the water alot. i'm hard on both of them and they have never failed me. good luck.

RG

I have my sbe rigged with a limbsaver pad and recoil reducer in the stock. I feel the preceived recoil is less then my freinds SBE2. I like the sbe 1 because I can use the D shim which is not available on the sbe2. The only thing I missed by buying the sbe1 is it does not have a cast off shim. smile.gif

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by rdn:

I have my sbe rigged with a limbsaver pad and recoil reducer in the stock. I feel the preceived recoil is less then my freinds SBE2. I like the sbe 1 because I can use the D shim which is not available on the sbe2. The only thing I missed by buying the sbe1 is it does not have a cast off shim. smile.gif

Originally posted by rdn:

Incorrect. The D shim on the SBE = the C shim on the SBEII.

SBE D= SBE2 C (same amount of drop). Yes, the SBE2 comes (well at least mine did) with the B installed, I installed the C to give it more drop.

SBE2 Z, A, B, C.

SBEII Drop at heel:

Z = 50

A = 55

B = 60

C = 65

Drop is two different measurements, drop at comb and drop at heel.

Technically, this measurement is taken by placing an imaginary line through the centerline of sight and measuring from the line to a point at the top of the front of the comb which is drop at comb; and a point at the top of the butt plate or heel which is drop at heel.

Some people simply make this determination by placing a straight edge on top of the receiver and making the measurements.