Could (or should) Benelli corporate make a .410 Franchi 48AL?

DJ Dan

DJ Dan here, 58 year young "last of the pheasant hunters" in southeast Michigan. My favorite 2 guns are my Montefeltro 20 and Franchi 48AL in 28 guage. Been shooting since I was 10, took my first rabbit with a Savage 220 hammerless in 1957. Love the .410; as most of us do, hate the long shot string & crippling potential. That said, does anybody think a 48AL Franchi ("spring gun") would sell or be viable in the .410? It would weight about 4 1/2 pounds probably and I think be as nice or nicer than my 28 guage 48AL (which someone offers to buy every time I pheasant hunt, at the risk of sounding like a commercial). I know in Bob Bristers books and all other shotgun books the .410 is badmouthed as a crippler and poacher's gun, for some reason I like it. What say the rest of you? Good hunting! DJ Dan, Flint MI