Taking Out "Drilled and Tapped" Plugs

GeeTen

Hi all,

I have a Benelli M2 Tactical and got the Mesa Tactical rail/shell holder set-up for her. What's the best way to pop out the little plastic plugs in the "drilled and tapped" holes on top of the receiver? If I just punch them out, can I get replacements if I don't choose to use the rail/holder? :confused:

Inquiring minds want to know. :D

TIA for your helpful replies,

F.

8-)

I think you could find the proper thread pitch and diameter fill screws like the ones that rifles have in their receivers and barrels. They are blued and would be the perfect solution in my opinion. Check with you local gunsmith or call Brownell's.

I pushed mine out from the inside. I had to take the gun apart to do it. I used a punch that was just a bit smaller than the holes. But I called Benelli CS and they don't make those as a replacement part if you ever decide to put them back. They said the same thins as Tucker and use screws.