Sad news - SBE II report.....

mudhen

Tested my new SBE II this last weekend.

Shot 20 3.5" turkey loads :eek: - not real fun.

Sadly, I must report there were no major malfuntions.

No butt pad falling off.

The safety was perfect.

The camo film was perfect right from the box.

The instructions were fine, but I would prefer a DVD and/or a representative of Benelli to visit my home and assemble the gun for me. For $1600 I deserve better :mad:

I do love the composite trigger assembly - especially how they snugged the cartridge drop lever closer to the trigger guard. I just wonder how long the cheap plastic will last :rolleyes:

The point of aim was dead on - no need to adjust drop and/or cast.

BUT, I still have Benelli nailed :mad: My choke tube wrench does not fit the full choke. I had to use one of my 6 other choke tube wrenches. I've got them now. They better reply to my 8 e-mails :mad: I want a whole new gun :mad:

I can't believe a $1600 gun has such a crappy choke tube wrench! Sheesh - sheet metal? I paid $1600 for sheet metal?

I can't even use the gun now - I have to wait for a new wrench.

Anyone know a good lawyer?

I have been wronged - they owe me big time.

I am going to boycott Benelli - no new Benellis for me for at least 30 days - I'm not kidding - I'm hopping mad.....

mudhen - CA

I don't say a whole lot here but I feel that as a new Benelli owner I should add to mudhen's lament. I recently bought my first Benelli, a SBE1 simply because there was a closeout deal on them because of the new version. Anyway, like mudhen, I'm terribly dissapointed. It works correctly on every shot especially when I use loads that are at or above the clearly stated minumum recommended by Benelli. Isn't that odd? Can anybody recommend an extremely light load that may or may not cycle in this gun? Please?! I really need to reduce this recoil issue. I simply cannot believe that a gun with this reputation and at this price would have any recoil at all. Since when does a 12 gauge shotgun of any description kick? It boggles my mind. Even worse, when it kicks more with real hunting loads it seems to work better and faster and to top it off the birds seem to die better! I can't stand it. At this price I should be able to reload half ounce loads (the only way to tame the heinous recoil of the SBE) and have them cycle flawlessly while instantly killing every bird I shoot at. They do say, "Performance worth the price.", so am I asking too much here? All I can say is that I am certainly glad that I didn't spring for the SBE2 only to end up with all the additional problems that poor mudhen and so many others are having.

By the way mudhen, what email address did you use those 8 times? I'd like to send several to them demanding that they address this recoil issue.

[ 03-21-2005, 11:46 PM: Message edited by: IdahoDucker ]

Originally posted by mudhen:

No butt pad falling off.

The safety was perfect.

I will have to agree the comfort tech system was definately not what I thought it was. I had no problems with the action, however I would like to know if anyone has heard anything on when a mercury recoil reducer mgiht be available or if one is going to be available in the future. Overall I am very happy with my purchase and feel that benelli has done a fine job with this product. To the guy from California if you cant read the directions that come with the gun regarding assembly probably shouldnt be buying one in the first place.

The instructions were fine, but I would prefer a DVD and/or a representative of Benelli to visit my home and assemble the gun for me. For $1600 I deserve better :mad:

I do love the composite trigger assembly - especially how they snugged the cartridge drop lever closer to the trigger guard. I just wonder how long the cheap plastic will last :rolleyes:

BUT, I still have Benelli nailed :mad: My choke tube wrench does not fit the full choke. I had to use one of my 6 other choke tube wrenches. I've got them now. They better reply to my 8 e-mails :mad: I want a whole new gun :mad:

I can't believe a $1600 gun has such a crappy choke tube wrench! Sheesh - sheet metal? I paid $1600 for sheet metal?

I am going to boycott Benelli - no new Benellis for me for at least 30 days - I'm not kidding - I'm hopping mad.....

mudhen - CA

Originally posted by schwabta:

quote:
Originally posted by mudhen:

No butt pad falling off.

The safety was perfect.

I will have to agree the comfort tech system was definately not what I thought it was. I had no problems with the action, however I would like to know if anyone has heard anything on when a mercury recoil reducer mgiht be available or if one is going to be available in the future. Overall I am very happy with my purchase and feel that benelli has done a fine job with this product. To the guy from California if you cant read the directions that come with the gun regarding assembly probably shouldnt be buying one in the first place.

mudhen - CA

lets try this again

Originally posted by schwabta:

To the guy from California if you cant read the directions that come with the gun regarding assembly probably shouldnt be buying one in the first place.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

PS: schwabby,

When you screw up (ie, every post), use the edit button.

I've shot the SBE II and have no problem with the recoil. I think its a fine gun!

5'5 130lbs hmmmm!

A new choke tube wrench would be warrantied out to you if you would simply pick up the phone and call them with your serial number and address.

I don't think they have wronged you in one bit, if you read through these threads you would see that like the saftey issue and the butt pad issue, Benelli has made every effort to correct the problem of the choke wrench as well and get the consumers the corrected product. Remember the Benelli items come from the factory in Italy as they send them and then the people in the corporate and repair offices make every effort to make correct the things that are not. Ok. Yes it should come from the factory with all the correct items but, the human beings that they are do make mistakes and unfortunately these things are.

C & H also makes reducers that go in the mag tube or a screw on forend cap. I have both types on my Benelli's and i find them help the recoil quite a bit. The wrong Pitch will also cause felt recoil. All Sport Tech ( 734-717-5390) makes a Plate Kit which allows you to change the Pitch, LOP , and or the Recoil Pad.--GB

Hey BenelliGirl,

You have repeatedly told us this was our sandbox to play in!

"The forums are hosted compliments of Benelli USA to post questions and comments.

THE FORUMS ARE NOT A CONDUIT TO CUSTOMER SERVICE. ALL CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE VIA PHONE OR EMAIL (301-283-6981). DO NOT POST CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTIONS IN THE FORUMS."

I was just havin' a little fun in the ol' Benelli Forums cat pan smile.gif

Does anyone know what choke tube wrench Benelli sends if I were to call that number and speak with a human?

Is it the neat one with the thread cleaner or just another piece of sheet metal?

mudhen - CA

btw - $1190, 29 days and counting......

I too will call for the new wrench.

I didn't use my original one for many years until I noticed the tubes getting kinda scratchy.

Then I found out how well it cuts the crud out of the threads.

Arrgh.... the boycott is just killin' me.... 28.5 days left.....

mudhen - CA