SBE Shell catcher

Randy

Tom's Guns in Marshall,WI sells a shell catcher for a

Winchester X2 that can be modified to fit on the SBE

very easily. I believe that same brand, which I cannot remember, has a model that would probably fit the SBE without modification.

Mine is modified but I got it too late for trap season

and will use it next year.

• 2 weeks later...

I know, but I threw out the instructions for that shell catcher and dont' remember the company name. Tom's a good guy.......but boy does he hate

Benelli !

My pa bought two X2's from him, can't hit nothing.

Now my SBEII on the other hand, I've shot better at targets and live birds than any prior shotgun I've owned !

• 5 years later...
Hi everyone: I would liked to know how the save-it shell catcher works for doubles. If the wire is down & out of the way, how does it catch both shells? (help i'm lost) Thanks

The simple answer is it doesn't work for doubles. In my experience it doesn't work with singles all that well either. Now that may be because I don't have it adjusted properly, but I put one on my Smith and Wesson auto and it will throw hulls right through the catcher...

The simple answer is it doesn't work for doubles. In my experience it doesn't work with singles all that well either. Now that may be because I don't have it adjusted properly, but I put one on my Smith and Wesson auto and it will throw hulls right through the catcher...

How to you like your Smith n Wesson?

How to you like your Smith n Wesson?

Its really nice, it was actually my first shotgun. It was a little neglected when I got it but it runs like a champ now. It is a gas gun so the weight is more forward and it has more parts than my M2. But the only "bad" thing about it is that it only has a fixed MOD barrel, and the bolt release is on the opposite side of the ejection port (think AR bolt release).

I hated my save it shell catcher just went back to a black rubber band so it wouldnt mess up my sight. the save it catcher really screwed up my eyes when shooting in my opinion it dont work well at all