SBE SLUG BARREL

sbe1

I am new to SBE. Please help me.

1. Is there available rifled slug barrel with cantilever mount for scope?

2. I heard about shaw rifled barrel. Some says its accurate than factory barrel. Is this true and where I can order one if the claim is really true?

3. What is the longest barrel available for SBE. Is there a 26in Bbl available.

Thanks in advance

1) I have never seen one - factory or custom. All the Shaws I have seen are totally plain barrels, drilled and tapped at the receiver. SBE rifled barrels come drilled and tapped, M1 & M2 slug guns come drilled and tapped.

2) Order from www.ershawbarrels.com

3) 28" in factory barrels - I suppose longer in custom.

Benellis regular catalog and on-line catalog is pretty complete. I would suggest reviewing those for information.

mudhen - CA

• 4 years later...
I am new to SBE. Please help me.

1. Is there available rifled slug barrel with cantilever mount for scope?

2. I heard about shaw rifled barrel. Some says its accurate than factory barrel. Is this true and where I can order one if the claim is really true?

3. What is the longest barrel available for SBE. Is there a 26in Bbl available.

Thanks in advance

I have a 24" Shaw cantaleaver slug barrell with a leupold 2 x 7 shot gun scope burris z rings. $650.00 If your are interested.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Why would you want a cantilever when the barrels are tapped on the reciever? Shaw made barrels for Benelli years ago, now they make their own slug barrels. The new barrels have iron sights and tapped for scope. The iron sights get in the way of many scopes. The Shaw barrels(if you find one used) need a different forearm(or mod org.) as the are thicker walled. Finally if you want a new Shaw barrel you must send them a barrel which they will remove the magazine tube ring and reciever. Takes about 22 weeks. I have owned many Shaw right hand barrels and had two made in left hand. All have shot wonderful. Have also shot Benelli slug barrels and they shot almost as good. If you want Shaw to make one it will be in 24" only.