Cordoba Dove Hunt

LBDB1A

Not sure yet...i will rent guns there...they have Benelli`s and Beretta`s. Probably will shoot an M1 20 gage. Might try a Cordoba if they have them although i don`t see that Benelli offers a 20 gage in that model.

• 1 month later...

How was the Argentina trip?

I am going in February and was wondering how customs was this time. I have been told that bringing a gun into Argentina has gotten very difficult suddenly.

I was also wondering about the Benelli M1 you were thinking about using. How did that work out? I brought a Beretta 391 last time and it worked great but the cleaning required at lunch and in the evening got real old real fast. I would prefer a Benelli for the ease of clean up and wanted to know how it worked for you. Thanks

Originally posted by tkharris:

I am going in February and was wondering how customs was this time. I have been told that bringing a gun into Argentina has gotten very difficult suddenly.

I was also wondering about the Benelli M1 you were thinking about using. How did that work out? I brought a Beretta 391 last time and it worked great but the cleaning required at lunch and in the evening got real old real fast. I would prefer a Benelli for the ease of clean up and wanted to know how it worked for you. Thanks

tkharris, i rented a new M1 20gage at the lodge. It worked well and they cleaned the gun each day. The fee was $50 US per day which i thought was reasonable. So i did not take a gun, but several other hunters that went thru customs with me in Cordoba did not have a problem. Even though the birds were flying high on most days their were hundreds of them. We used RD ( Brazil ) shotgun shells which were a little dirty and i had a few duds,but overall they were ok. My best day was 825 birds @ 60 %. I had a great time. Larry

[ 07-25-2005, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: LBDB1A ]

I am glad you had fun - I don't know how anyone could not - It's so fun it should be illegal!

Thanks for the info on customs. I was debating bringing my own gun again or just renting this time. 60% is good shooting, but if the birds are flying high it is excellent shooting. Congratulations on what sounds like a wonderful trip.

Originally posted by LBDB1A:

quote:

hit the wrong button again,,, just kidding!

was wondering about the cost of shells, an aquaintance just returned from same general area and dropped a grand($1000.00) on ammo, his recount. Doing the numbers thing made the cost of his shells more than $10.00 bucks a box. Is this in the ballpark?

[ 07-25-2005, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: cherok9878 ]

I heard the Argentine Government tightly controls ammunition production and importation and even sets prices to some extent. The outfitter for our upcoming trip said the government had jacked up the prices of shells recetly.

That said, I believe we were shooting Fiochi ammo. Which worked very well.