Disgusted with Benelli Customer service.

KYDU

I have a older model H&K SBE 12 ga. DU limited Edition Dinner gun, I broke the ejector plate in September during early teal season. I took it to my gun smith to be repaied the next day. He called Benelli for parts that day as I was standing there when he called. They said that it was covered, and would send the entire Ejector case essembly for full repair at no charge. I have checked back with the smith weekly since then, he has called a # of times,they said that it had been sent,in the mail ect. I even got the # from him and called. The lady said it was covered and they would send me the parts. I would receive them within a week. As of today two weeks later NO Sign of the parts to either Me or to the smith. Smith ended up ordering the parts from a outside jobber, he said Benelli would re-inburse him. I can't believe the customer service is so bad from a major firearm manufacture. I have a New Nova, and was considering a new SBE II but now with this I don't know. It's really unbelieveable how inconsiderate people are after purchaseing their product. I have learned my lesson :mad: :mad:

I'd like to see a reply from Benelli here.

I am usually a staunch supporter of Benelli, but to not send a gunsmith parts for a warranty repair, especially such a simple repair, is just not acceptable.

How much easier can it get to drop an ejector plate in the mail? Brownells can do it in one day.

I work for an Italian company that sells products here in the US. I stock parts for those products here in the US and can ship a part in 5 minutes.

Now, there may be more to this story.

If the gun needs to be returned to Benelli for authorized warranty repair, then that should have been clearly stated from the start.

Just MHO.

mudhen - CA

Originally posted by KYDU:

I have a older model H&K SBE 12 ga. DU limited Edition Dinner gun, I broke the ejector plate in September during early teal season. I took it to my gun smith to be repaied the next day. He called Benelli for parts that day as I was standing there when he called. They said that it was covered, and would send the entire Ejector case essembly for full repair at no charge. I have checked back with the smith weekly since then, he has called a # of times,they said that it had been sent,in the mail ect. I even got the # from him and called. The lady said it was covered and they would send me the parts. I would receive them within a week. As of today two weeks later NO Sign of the parts to either Me or to the smith. Smith ended up ordering the parts from a outside jobber, he said Benelli would re-inburse him. I can't believe the customer service is so bad from a major firearm manufacture. I have a New Nova, and was considering a new SBE II but now with this I don't know. It's really unbelieveable how inconsiderate people are after purchaseing their product. I have learned my lesson :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by 223rem:

quote:
Originally posted by KYDU:

Sorry for this. I didn't respond to this post. I read it and joined the forum after reading it. I assume that I am now attached to the post. I do understand the poster's frustration, however. I am puzzled, however, since my experience is that H&K doesn't have customer support... period.