M1 Tactical (?) and Surefire, need assistance

DaveTx

Hi all, newbie to the board, got a few questions.

First, several months ago I bought what was advertised in the paper as an M1 Tactical. What I got looks to be an M1 Super 90 receiver with an 18.5 in barrel. The serial numbers dont match (490xxx on receiver, C679xxx on barrel), so I was wondering if they are supposed to.

Secondly, I bought a Surefire forearm recently, an older model stamped with Laser Products Corp. on the right underneath the pressure pad, and H17F on the bottom. However, I cannot get it to mount my weapon, when it's all assembled, the barrel still has 6/16 of an inch further to go to seat into the receiver. My belief is that my spacer is too big, OR that my barrel is for some reason incompatible.

I say that only because the magazine ring mount on the barrel seems to be stopping the light from seating as far up as it should, as it is the mount extends one inch from the ring itself toward the receiver. Is that the normal length for this barrel?

Any suggestions? Chop the mount, or shave some plastic on the light? Get a new spacer from Surefire to see?

Any help, please!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by DaveTx:

First, several months ago I bought what was advertised in the paper as an M1 Tactical. What I got looks to be an M1 Super 90 receiver with an 18.5 in barrel. The serial numbers dont match (490xxx on receiver, C679xxx on barrel), so I was wondering if they are supposed to.

Secondly, I bought a Surefire forearm recently, an older model stamped with Laser Products Corp. on the right underneath the pressure pad, and H17F on the bottom. However, I cannot get it to mount my weapon, when it's all assembled, the barrel still has 6/16 of an inch further to go to seat into the receiver. My belief is that my spacer is too big, OR that my barrel is for some reason incompatible.

I say that only because the magazine ring mount on the barrel seems to be stopping the light from seating as far up as it should, as it is the mount extends one inch from the ring itself toward the receiver. Is that the normal length for this barrel?

Any suggestions? Chop the mount, or shave some plastic on the light? Get a new spacer from Surefire to see?

Any help, please!

Thanks

Originally posted by EXEC:

quote:
Originally posted by DaveTx:

Any help, please!

Thanks

I had the same problem. Call Surefire and set it up to return the forend to them to be retrofitted for your Benelli. It's a simple process and they shouldn't charge you anything. As to the different parts serial numbers, no clue. All I can say is that you MUST test your M1S90 with the exact load you want to use so you know whether functioning is 100% [some M1S09s will not fully cycle with LE low-recoil 00 buck or slug ammo.]

Good Luck