Montefeltro with 21" Barrel

jimmyn75

Does anyone know the production numbers of the Montefeltro Super 90 witht he 21" barrel? I have one that was purchased in about 1991, and was wondering just how rare this gun is. I am not sure why Benelli discontinued the shorter barrel such as this, but I am curious as to how many others like it exist. I have never seen one at any gun show so I wonder how many others were ever brought into the states.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by jimmyn75:

Does anyone know the production numbers of the Montefeltro Super 90 witht he 21" barrel? I have one that was purchased in about 1991, and was wondering just how rare this gun is. I am not sure why Benelli discontinued the shorter barrel such as this, but I am curious as to how many others like it exist. I have never seen one at any gun show so I wonder how many others were ever brought into the states.

I owned one of the original Montefeltro's imported by Heckler & Koch. The 21" model was marketed as the Upland and the 24" was marketed as the Turkey. This gun was very light and served me very well until I wore all the springs out in the 1997. The original Montefeltro's have no hex nut to access the recoil spring inside the rear stock.