M1014 wear marks

NiteFlight

Hi,

My M1014 already shows considerable wear marks after only a couple hundreds of rounds. Exposed metals can be seen on the rails inside the receiver as well as the tip of the carrier-link. I can actually see bits of metal shavings. Perhaps other M1014 owners can help me with this situation? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

NiteFlight

Welcome NiteFlite,not to many M1014 owners on the forum :confused: ,post a pick of your baby,Do not worry about the exposed metal and shavings,mine WAS the same way,the shavings are factory leftovers that are so tiny and so few,won't harm a thing,the ejection port exposed metal is from the shells flying out of it ,metal to metal,theres gonna be some wear and finish loss,I just came back from the range,shot the sh*t at of my M1014,that weapon is tooooooooo much fun,love it,M1014 :cool:

[ 04-04-2004, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: M1014 ]

NiteFlight...Great pic!!! I'm jealous w/ that collapsible stock. I live in So. California and the stocks here are clipped and pinned coz of some kinda mandatory law. I wish my M4's stock would do that. Kinda defeats the entire purpose of the "supposedly"collapsible stock deal...

Best!

M10144me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Rescue14:

Thanks for the pics! Do you have sources for the tube or the entire collapsible stock? Is this a US military weapon? Who made that knife? Please contact directly. Thanks; Rescue14

Rescue14,

Sorry...., I don't have a source for the collapsible stock. The knife is made by Strider Knives (http://www.striderknives.com/). I have good experience with their knives. They are super strong and practically indestructible.

NiteFlight

Now...back on topic...

I took apart the shotgun for a complete cleaning job sometime ago. I found that one of the gas-plugs has its o-ring completely broken (fyi, there are two gas-plugs in the system, located underneath the barrel at 4 and 8 o'clock). I received one replacement o-ring from Benelli (I really was hoping to get more o-rings just in case this one fails again). Here is a picture of the gas-plug with the new o-ring installed, to the left is the broken o-ring that came with the shotgun.

154645.jpg

I wonder whether this was the cause of the early wear-marks especially those in the bolt-link area. As you can see in the picture below, the wear has created deep and very sharp grooves on four sides of the link (towards the end of the link). Perhaps someone from Benelli can shine some lights in this direction. Thanks in advance.

154647.jpg

NiteFlight

154803.jpg

heres my M1014 carrier bolt link with alot more wear because I shoot the sh%t out of mine every chance I get.this is normal wear on the weapon,plus the O-ring dilema is caused by not completely srcewing out the gas piston and O-ring away from the gas cylnder,Plus I would make sure your firring pin retaining pin O-ring is fully seated and not a half bent installation,check out the zoom view on the Italian website or another Benelli somewhere eles. seeya M1014

M1014,

Thanks for your reply. I have never seen wear like this in any weapon in this price range....

Thanks for your suggestion about the firing pin retaining pin o-ring, I remember reading something about this but can't remember where...

Bottom line..., it's truly a pleasure to shoot.

Cheers,

NiteFlight

[ 05-13-2004, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: NiteFlight ]