SBE2 vs M2 A gun mystery

dandy

Hi,

I ordered SBE2 from my local gun dealer, when I went to pick it up I noticed, that it wasn't SBE2 It was M2 Field instead.

How do you put up an image???

But my question is, what is the main differens? And which one would you shoose?

[ 04-03-2006, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: dandy ]

The image must be hosted on a webserver.

Use Photobucket, Hunt101 or a similar free service.

When you upload the image to the server, you will be given a URL for the image.

Use the URL as indicated below.

howtopostanimage.jpg

On the SBEII, the top half of the receiver is mated to the barrel, making disassembly and cleaning extremely easy.

The SBEII handles 3.5" shells, while the M2's maximum shell length is 3".

There are other differences that have been explained numerous times here. Do a search for the term "vs".

Thanks, But to the knext question, which rifle is this? Isn't it a M2 field? It looks like that

DSC01045.jpg

But look at the foregrip, it doesn't look anything like the M2, Is it possible to add an mag extension?

[ 04-02-2006, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: dandy ]

It's not an M2-----------look at the length of the forearm and white lettering by the ejection port. It looks like a Montefeltro with a Comfortech stock. Also look at the magazine cap-------its not like an M2. And the receiver and barrel are high polish, not matte like an M2 should be.

It appears to be a variant that is not available in the U.S.-----so maybe it is a "European M2'.

[ 04-02-2006, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: Remy ]

It looks a little bit odd, It doesn't say anywere on the rifle what model it is, pretty strange, And the instruktions belongs to SBE2, Anyone who can tell me, what rifle it is, cause it's shore isn't a SBE2 or M2?

Dandy,

I am not sure what it is, but I can tell you this-----it is NOT a Super Black Eagle because the rear "hood" of the barrel does extend back over the receiver. That extension is a classic component of the SBE design, as far as I know.

dandy,

The M2 and SBE2 are American models.

If your dealer sold you a SBE2, then he owes you at least an apology and probably a partial refund.

I'd love to know what a "variable geometry trigger release unit" is.

Any mention of it in the manuals?

What did you pay, in USD?

Thanks for the help tucker, but what do you think about this rifle? Could you compere it whit M2 or SBE2? Is it better or worse? Which one would you shoose?

I payed 1800$ Sweden is a expensive country whit lot's of taxes etc

"variable geometry trigger release unit" What do you mean with this? Can't find anything about it in tha manual.

I think i better take a talk whit my gun dealer about this,

dandy,

The gun you purchased is closest to the M2.

It's an excellent design, and will make a fine choice.

Personally, I prefer the SBEII, for the way it disassembles and its ability to handle 3.5" shells.

The variable geometry trigger release unit was mentioned on the Benelli Italy site.

Orphanedcowboy,

Sweden uses a currency called krona.

Since I asked dandy to post the price in USD, he kindly did so.

Thanks for the help, but does anyone know if it's even possible to buy a SBE2 in Sweden (Europe)? Because I rather think I would like to have one of those instead, I have the comforth gun at home for trial.

BTW one US dollar is worth eight Swedish "krona"

The magazine extensions fit M1 Super 90, SBE, SBEII, and M2.

I'm guessing they'd also fit the Comfort, but you may want to check customer service to be sure.

You can purchase a gun from a US Dealer and have it shipped through an exporter to Sweden (assuming Swedish law allows it).

http://www.gunbroker.com/Support/SupportFAQView.asp?FAQID=1110&NoCount=1

[ 04-03-2006, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: tucker301 ]

dandy,

You may not be able to purchase a SBE II in Sweden. But, if the information posted by tucker from the Benelli Italy site is correct, you may be able to purchase the Super Black Eagle 1 model. I recently purchased a SBE 1 and I am very happy with it. It is very similar to the SBE II, but does not have the Comfortech stock. But, if you purchase an after market recoil pad such as the X-coil or Limbsaver, you may attain recoil reduction similar to the Comfortech stock.

The SBE 1 fires most all forms of 12 gauge ammo just the same as the SBE II does. Personally I like the appearance of the SBE 1 over that of the SBE II. The trigger guard on the SBE 1 is metal-----the SBE II is made of plastic.

If you can purchase a SBE 1----go for it-----they are excellent guns!!

The Swedish law autorises, to bring in weapons in Sweden, but it could become a very expensive deal, cause all the taxes the Swedish goverment would add.

Im going to call the Benelli factory in Europe and see if they are going to start producing SBE2, in the future, perhaps il just wait then