Reliability, A+

cherok9878

Just an information input for the M2 Field. My new M2 is thru it's break in period and I wondered about reliability. The gun was put thru eight full rounds of clays without any cleaning what so ever. I know some of you will throw rocks at me for this but it was to prove or disprove a point. In 800+ rounds there was only one stovepipe and it was my fault, limp shoulder bad mount. Reliability isn't a question anymore.

This was a test of reliability for my own personal satisfaction and peace of mind. This weapon will never go that long without cleaning again.

I do not have a M1. I do feel that the M2 I have, as well as other benelli products, will perform in any adverse field conditions that will be encountered.

Thanks for your reply.

Originally posted by cherok9878:

Just an information input for the M2 Field. My new M2 is thru it's break in period and I wondered about reliability. The gun was put thru eight full rounds of clays without any cleaning what so ever. I know some of you will throw rocks at me for this but it was to prove or disprove a point. In 800+ rounds there was only one stovepipe and it was my fault, limp shoulder bad mount. Reliability isn't a question anymore.

Well as to reliability, I have between 2500 and 3000 rounds through my M2 with out a hitch. These rounds include upland bird hunting and clay pigeons. The only misfires I have had were my fault and not the guns or the amunition. The longest I have gone between cleaning is 5 rounds of 5-stand. I usually cleanit after every round of shooting.

Mike :D