Benelli jamming up

shane19

Nemesis,

The guy came here for feedback.

He got his feedback and made his decision.

He said he had decided to not buy the Benelli, because he wanted a gun that was 100% reliable.

What else am I supposed to tell him, other than goodbye and good luck?

I didn't start horsing around until the OP had already stated his intent to not buy a Benelli.

I'm certainly not going to try to persuade someone with unrealistic expectations to buy the product, and then have to watch them whine about it on here for the next year and a half.

[ 09-15-2006, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: tucker301 ]

It's sad that people think that if you spent a huge amout of money on something, you will never have to do any maintenance on it. Remember this it is a MACHINE, all machines are designed inside a set of specs. ANY use of the machine will case the machine to become dirty, simple as that. This applies to any gun, weather it costs $100 or $10,000

Isn't Canuck-Eh Dollars somethin' like pesos???...$1900 = $2.58 American???

Hey..hey..I'm Born bred & concieved in Texas...Ya know how we are.... tongue.gif tongue.gif

I'll add..I've used almost every auto SG there is under harsh conditions..& so far..Benelli M3s & M4s..have held up the best..

My only wish is that they'd make a Detachable mag style M4....so as to make the barrel shorter & usable rd count more....

And..Please..I don't wann'a hear .."NOOOoooo!..Then they'll make it a DD & a very evil type weapon that is capable of shooting 300+ gun grabb'n politicians a second"...Too bad there's already a law on the books for that..it's called homicide.....Justifiable..or not... ;)

Originally posted by shane19:

Well by the sounds of it most people like the benelli and don't have any trouble with them, however there are people who don't care for them. What i am looking for is a gun that i can rely on 100% and from the feedback i have just recieved about the benelli i am kinda leary to buy one.

remembers an 870 I had in some adverse weather conditions and the wood forearm swelled from moisture so bad that the gun would not cycle....anything you buy will have some flaws or need some "tweaking". you will hear some bad things about Benelli shot guns only because most of the guys that own them have put them through more harsh conditions, and truth be known have fired more rounds through them than any other shotgun they own. the question you need to ask yourself as you decide is how many people do you know that have ever had a Benelli shotgun does NOT have one now?

[ you will hear some bad things about Benelli shot guns only because most of the guys that own them have put them through more harsh conditions, and truth be known have fired more rounds through them than any other shotgun they own. the question you need to ask yourself as you decide is how many people do you know that have ever had a Benelli shotgun does NOT have one now? [/QB]

Excellent Point :D :D

Benelli Super Black Eagle II Semi Auto 12 Ga 3 1/2” Shotgun-Advantage Max 4 Camo ComforTech Stock

Newly redesigned for 2004, the Super Black Eagle II is unmatched with its innovative new technological features. The only thing that hasn’t changed from it’s predecessors is the time proven inertia-recoil system that has been proven to digest different ammunition types flawlessly. The new ComforTech system reduces recoil up to 48% over competitive brands without adding any moving parts or weight. Muzzle climb is reduced by 15% for faster follow up shots and allows you to stay on target. The new trigger guard offers 30% more space for a sure trigger feel no matter how heavy your gloves. The unique dimpled AirTouch grip surface is molded right into the stock and the newly designed for end offers a secure grip under the toughest conditions. The new Crio system freezes the barrel down to –300 F which produces a smoother bore that stays cleaner and offers less resistance to the wad and shot. The Crio Chokes are also cryogenically treated to produce up to 13% better pattern performance. Each gun comes with adjustable shims to adjust for both cast and drop of the stock for perfect alignment.

Specifications: 12 Gauge, 31/2”chamber-(minimum recommended load is 3 dram, 1 1/8 oz 23/4” shell) 28” barrel, 5 Crio Chokes included (C,IC,M,IM,F) Weight: 7.3 lbs.

Cat. No. 446012

Price: $ 1979.99

Shane,

I will only add that I have had 2 SBE II's. I have had no problems with them out in the flooded rice fields of northern Arkansas during duck season. My latest one is a 26" LH in Advantage Timber HD. The only complaint I have had is that Benelli does not make a 26" SBE II in Max-4. We have close to 35 people in our club. Most own Benelli's due to the reliability in harsh weather conditions.

I would suggest buying the Benelli. If you don't like it and decide to sell it. You won't be sitting on it long.

Well i found a used SBE today for $1100 canadian. I didn't get to shoot the gun but i held it and it was very comfortable and light. My question is, Is $1100 canadian a decent price? If not what is? Does anyone know of a good place to find a SBE or SBEII at a decent price?

My son's M1 20 ga is very funny about ammo. Feeds AAs like a champ. Will not feed winchester game loads (silver box dove shells ) at all. I have owned at least 10 other benellis and have never had a problem. A buddy sold his M1 12 ga because of jamming problems. His new m2 functions flawlessly. Personally, I would not consider any other brand. The other stuff ,with the exception of beretta is junk in my opinion.

Originally posted by shane19:

Well i found a used SBE today for $1100 canadian. I didn't get to shoot the gun but i held it and it was very comfortable and light. My question is, Is $1100 canadian a decent price? If not what is? Does anyone know of a good place to find a SBE or SBEII at a decent price?

Depends, is it an SBE II or an SBE I?

1,100.00 CAD = 975.291 USD

Hello, I'm new to the forum but I've had my benelli M1 since 1997.

I might have an answer to the problems your friends have about jamming. Dirt or fouling isn't the cause.

About 6 years after I bought mine, it wouldn't cycle even when using big loads. We traced the problem to a small O-ring attached to a small pin at the back of the bolt that keeps the firing pin in place. If you replace that o-ring you shouldn't have any problems at all. You should be able to find that 0-ring at any car shop.