SBE vs SBEII

YellaDawg

No problems here either......I have the wood version and the buttpad slips in and out pretty darn tight. I'm not worried about it falling out. As for the action....I've fired everything from 7/8oz. WalMart loads up to 3.5inch and they have all performed flawlessly. About a dozen or more boxes of shells so far with not one hang up or jam of any kind. I too was nervous hearing all the complaints....but I have never been more satisfied at this point.

One more thing..........Service.......you may hear complaints about that too, but not from me. Of course I only had service once. I contacted CDay for a new safety spring, new one was tight, and she responded within hours email. I mailed my trigger group out on Monday and had it back on Friday. Excellent in my opinion.

I love my SBEII. The only conecrn I have is the stiff safety. I am waiting until after Duck season to get it fixed. Other than that the gun is perfect.

I shoot alot of sporting clays with my SBEII. I can tell you that after two rounds my shoulder is not near as sore as it was when using the SBE.

fvr_devildog............same with my spring. I suggest you contact CDay if you haven't already. She did a turn around job on mine within the same week......but, don't just send it in, contact her before doing so. Maybe during a split in the season, you can knock it....makes a big difference.

Originally posted by EFLOYD:

fvr_devildog............same with my spring. I suggest you contact CDay if you haven't already. She did a turn around job on mine within the same week......but, don't just send it in, contact her before doing so. Maybe during a split in the season, you can knock it....makes a big difference.

Good info. Although I will also be waiting until the end of the season, I just don't want to risk losing it in the mail or something and having to use my old shotgun as the backup (it doesn't really compare to a SBEII, if you know what I mean). Besides, my safety doesn't seem too bad at all, especially now that it's been used quite a bit.

I have had my SBE II for a little over a week, and shot the daylights out of it. I have read about poor finish and stiff safty but maby I got lucky, Mine is perfect. If your in the market for a new shotgun there is only one way to go, SBE II. I can't complain about anything, even if I wanted too. Sure, if you pulled the butt pad on and off a half million times it may get loose, but still can't beat this shotgun, simply the best.