SBEII Steel Chokes

Paolo

I'd like to purchase a Steel Choke for the SBEII. I'd like one that gives me a good range...40yards. Can anyone recommend a good choke that they know works well on a SBEII.

So far I have heard good things about the Carlsons Chokes. I was thinking of getting the CRIO 12G Full Choke .695 or the EXTENDED RANGE Steel Choke .695 for waterfowl and the CRIO 12G Turkey Choke .685 or the EXTENDED TURKEY chokes .665 for Turkey.

Are these good choices? Would I be better off staying with the CRIO chokes? Any opinions would be much appreciated!

I'm so excited about this new SBEII....2 more days for Goose Opener!!! :D

Paul

[ 09-04-2005, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: Paolo ]

Originally posted by Paolo:

I'd like to purchase a Steel Choke for the SBEII. I'd like one that gives me a good range...40yards. Can anyone recommend a good choke that they know works well on a SBEII.

So far I have heard good things about the Carlsons Chokes. I was thinking of getting the CRIO 12G Full Choke .695 or the EXTENDED RANGE Steel Choke .695 for waterfowl and the CRIO 12G Turkey Choke .685 or the EXTENDED TURKEY chokes .665 for Turkey.

Are these good choices? Would I be better off staying with the CRIO chokes? Any opinions would be much appreciated!

I'm so excited about this new SBEII....2 more days for Goose Opener!!! :D

Paul

smile.gif smile.gif I have purchased the crio plus chokes from Carlson. They only come in the Chrome color but they are making them in the black color for my duck hunting. I dont want them to glare.

check out the terror chokes. I have a .700 and a .675 both of which pattern very well. The .700 works well out to 40 yards with both large steel shot and lead shot. The .675 is better for longer ranges, +40 yards or Turkeys. I shot some doves today with my .700 and it was awesome. Actually knocked the wings off at 20 yards. They both offer a very even and consistant pattern with all shot types due to the long parallel section

If you want 40 yard range get a .675 Terror. I use my SBEII only for dove and duck hunting so my Trulock extended LM never really comes out. If i am hunting geese, i bring my SBE with a .675 Terror.

Hopefully gun makes will quit making flush chokes for guns that are commonly used for shooting steel.

• 4 weeks later...

I personally haven't had any aftermarket choke outperform My original crio chokes. I just went thru 2 boxes trying to pattern the gun. I tested 20,30 and 40 yards. Federal and win shells. BB's thru #4's. The hardest part is counting pellets. Has anyone one else patterend Primos,patternmaster,hastings,H.S. strut, or any other brands. I was able to drop some big geese this last weekend at some ridiculous ranges, as the guide said NO,NO,NO. I said bang and it helicoptered down. So any other input from testing would be appreciated. Right now I am staying with the original till I find otherwise.