Buying my first Benelli

JasonH

Ok guys, I'm new to the forum, and to the world of Benelli shotguns. My wonderful wife has agreed to let me buy a Benelli shotgun for Christmas. I have been surfing the web for about two months now trying to determine which model would best suit my needs. I am stuck between the SBE II Comfortech and the M2 Comfortech. It seems that I have read about more cycling/ functioning problems with the SBE II. I was just wondering if there is any truth to that. If so, what would cause the SBE II to be less reliable? I also realize that some people who say they are having problems with cycling or functioning may not know much about firearms or the proper care and or maintenence for them. I will say that I am leaning toward the SBE II, as most of my hunting will be for Geese. So, let me hear it guys, SBE II or M2? Thanks.

Well, the truth is, I have never done a lot of goose hunting. What little bit of hunting I have done, has been with 3 inch shells. The majority of my hunting will be done over a decoy spread in a field. I like the idea of having the option of using 3 1/2 shells should I ever get the opportunity to do other types of waterfowling though. To answer your question, no, I do not currently use 3 1/2 inch shells. Thanks.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I decided to go with the M2. I talked to several guys that goose hunt in various fields in my area, and most of them dont use 3 1/2 inch shells. A few of them have guns that are capable of digesting the 3 1/2 inchers, however they advised that they rarely use them. At any rate, I'm sure I would have been happy with either gun, and I appreciate everyone's advice. Thanks.