wooden stock problem

pablo

I bought a 12g left hand montefeltro a few months ago. Its my first gun and I love the way it fits & shoots, but I've had two problems so far:

1) Bolt not locking closed: I posted on this earlier and got some good suggestions to clean/oil the parts. This is still occuring about once per box of shells. I'm using Breakfree and have tried lots of oil to very little with no luck.

2) Crack in stock: went duck hunting saturday. The stock got wet once when I was picking up a downed duck. It was half-submerged for a second. I thoroughly dried/cleaned/oiled the gun like I usually do that evening and left the case open on the table to make sure everything dried. By morning, there was a crack along the length of the stock that I can see and fit my nail into.

Was there something I could have done to prevent this damage? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

paul

Barring any evidence of abuse, both issues should be covered by warranty. You should contact customer service directly.

I had a cracked stock on my R1 and they are waiting for my deer season to end before I send it in for replacement. CS has been great to work with on my problems, and I'm sure they'll accomodate you as well.