SBEII vs Cordoba

sdkidaho

Can someone tell me the main differences in these two guns?

SBEII - $1585

2-3/4", 3", & 3-1/2" shells

24", 26" & 28" barrels

Synthetic, MAX-4, Timber HD finishes

Cordoba - $1600

2-3/4" & 3" shells

28" & 30" barrels

Synthetic finish only

I guess what I'm wondering is why would you buy the Cordoba over the SBEII, or vice versa?

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.....

The Cordoba is a sporting clays gun that is at home in the field. It feels great and is very well balanced, but the SBE II ain't bad either.

I know many folks that shoot the SS and/or SII for dux, and they all wished it had come in black when they bought theirs. Now it does. But it's still ported which is an issue for many duck hunters.

The Cordoba was not made for the person with 1 or 2 Benellis, it was made for the guy with 10.

How may guys have 10 Benellis? More than you think - I know of 3, with one guy owning 15+...

mudhen - CA

Well if you want my opinion I don't like it as much as my beretta 391 xtrema because it is gas operated and more reliable But if it is your first auto than I would recomend one of the following:

beretta any 391 model, remington 1100, or benelli m1 super 90

for the field I would go with the 391 or the m1

skidaho,

Buy the SBEII only if you plan on shooting 3.5" shells.

Otherwise, save some cash and get the M2 field.

Don't buy into the above hogwash about gas guns being more reliable.

Here's a thread on the differences between the M2 and SBEII.

http://www.benelliusa.com/forums/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/1657.html

[ 05-06-2005, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: tucker301 ]

Originally posted by sdkidaho:

So if I am going to go for my first automatic, primarily for the field, and primarily for upland game, but still will want to do water fowl, the SBEII is my best bet?

I will have to vote with Tucker. If you don't need the 3.5 inch shells go with the M2.

As to the comments about reliability, I have run over 3000 rounds through my M2 since August of last year with out any failures to cycle.

Some people that I shoot Sporting Clays with have the 391's and they have jamming issues at least once a shoot, sometimes more and they are very serios about keeping their guns clean.

So go for the M2 or SBE II.

Mike

Dang you guys. Why did you give me another choice! :-D How the heck am I supposed to choose!?

What I'll be hunting:

30% Ruffed Grouse.

30% Blue Grouse.

14% Pheasant.

10%Hungarian Partridge.

14% Duck

2% Geese (maybe)

Of course that isn't an "exact" percentage, but that's my best guess.

So, do you still recommend the M2 Field over the SBEII? I guess I don't "have" to have the SBEII, and more than anything I just wasn't really aware of the others as you don't see them get much press.

I assume the M2 will knock down geese just fine if I decide I suddenly like that?

One other thing, sdkidaho.

If you do buy a ComforTech weapon, check the recoil pad for a good snug fit. Some of the lefties have probably been in circulation for some time, and there were problems with earlier models having loose-fitting pads.

If yours is this way, simply call Benelli customer service and request a replacement.

I actually requested the shorter pad as my replacement and the gladly sent me one at no charge. Now, I can use the shorter pad when wearing heavy clothing.

Originally posted by sdkidaho:

Dang you guys. Why did you give me another choice! :-D How the heck am I supposed to choose!?

What I'll be hunting:

30% Ruffed Grouse.

30% Blue Grouse.

14% Pheasant.

10%Hungarian Partridge.

14% Duck

2% Geese (maybe)

Of course that isn't an "exact" percentage, but that's my best guess.

So, do you still recommend the M2 Field over the SBEII? I guess I don't "have" to have the SBEII, and more than anything I just wasn't really aware of the others as you don't see them get much press.

I assume the M2 will knock down geese just fine if I decide I suddenly like that?

That sounds pretty much what I did this last season. The ducks and geese were gravy on the upland birds. I carry 3 to 6 roiunds of 3" #2 Heavy shot incase I have a chance for some geese or ducks while waliking the feilds out here. I also use my M2 for sporting clays and 5-Stand.

Dear sdkidaho:

benelli usually isn't the first brand you get becuase no matter what the only way to learn about a type of gun is to actually own one and espereince the weaknesses and advanteges.

You should start out with the remington 1100, it is fast, reliable, and has a great deal of positive feedbakc from whoever got one. It could also save you a pretty penny.

Originally posted by The_Gun_Guy:

Dear sdkidaho:

benelli usually isn't the first brand you get becuase no matter what the only way to learn about a type of gun is to actually own one and espereince the weaknesses and advanteges.

Crack. It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Well, he is probably right as I have heard few people ever complain about their Remingtons, though the more I look at shotguns the more I am convinced that I am a Benelli man.

My local sporting goods store didn't even have an M2 in stock for me to look at, but they had an SBEII, composite, 26" in stock and man did it feel goooooood.

I don't "need" the gun that will shoot the 3-1/2" shells, but... considering I probably won't be buying another auto for many years to come, why not spend the little bit extra and have the gun that will do it all?

I'd rather be happy with what I buy than having that little tickle of doubt in the back of my mind saying "I wonder"... I'm all for saving a few pennies here and there, but, I'm also convinced that if you buy less than what you truly want you'll nevery truly be happy with what you've purchased.

The Benelli's have the features, and seem to be durable. I've enjoyed my Nova pump, and am certain that my next Benelli will be even that much better of a gun, and that much more enjoyable.

Here's to saving a few extra pennies to have that SBEII. Now to decide for certain on 28", or 26" - MAX4 or Timber HD. :)

Before you buy, don't sell yourself short and take a look at the Franchi line. The 912 will shoot 3.5" shells and it's gas operated, I have one and have put close to 3000 rounds through it without a hickup or jam. Those rounds include the heaviest 3.5" and the lightest 2-3/4" cheapo rounds. If you are set on the inertia recoil system Franchi has the new I-12, the only downfall in my opinion is it can only shoot 2-3/4" and 3" shells. Like I said, check them out and it might save you quite a few pennies. I bought my 912 for $750.00, 24" camo pattern. I use it for everything except deer hunting, and I'm a die hard duck hunter who has put my gun through some tough conditions. I believe a gun is a tool and it's not made to be babied. Good luck with your decision.