M1014 Stock Question

Rob929

Looking at two different examples of the M1014 Special Edition of the M4, I noticed the stock "floats" on the extension tube until you rotate it to about 45 degrees counterclockwise from vertical. At this point it locks up and requires you to push release button on the stock to be able to rotate it. I could not seem to find a position on the stock extension tube that allows the butt/cheekpiece to lock in the vertical position. I can't imagine shooting this gun with the stock locked in at an angle. I haven't been able to find a M1014 user's manual on line to figure out how to properly use this stock - didn't have a chance to look at the manual in store. Is what I'm describing normal?! What's the trick? Thanks.

Rob

Gentlemen, I have ready these instructions, downloaded the owners manual and still am confused as to how to install the collapsable stock to my m1014. Here is what I currently have:

M1014 - purchased from dealer

Collapsalbe stock part no. 81040 purchased from benelli

My benelli dealer spoke directly with benelli and specifically requested a collapsable stock. Benelli sent him part no. 80140 in response to his request.

I have followed the directions on this page and the users manual I previously downloaded. I can remove the buttstock; however, I am unable to turn the pistol grip counterclockwise. IMO I am not doing this right to begin with so I am turning to this forum for help.

I have looked at the pic on benelli's website of the collapsable stock and I noticed that it has three different groves in the bar for positioning the telescopic buttstock. My M1014 has no such groves and the alleged collapsable stock I purchased from benelli (part no. 81040) does not contain a metal bar with groves like the pic on benelli's website. I know this should be much easier than what I am going through. I would like your help with this situation with the following:

1) Do I have the correct collapsable stock from benelli? Are the more parts to obtain? If so, what parts would I need?

2) Am I following the proper procedures for installing the collapsable stock by removing the fixed buttstock and turning the pistolgrip counterclockwise? Or is there another procedure I need to follow?

3) I have read on the forums where some of you had a machinist custom grove your rod to allow the fixed stock to become collapsable. I would not like to take this route only because benelli has made the collapsable stocks available to the public since Sunset and I know there is a better way (hopefully). Any suggestions?

4) If any of you have advice, I would like to discuss this on the phone and would not mind giving my number if you could help.

I appreciate all responses and look forward to hearing from you

JDC

226623.jpg if the new recoil tube doesn't have these groves and cuts like this one then you have the same smooth tube as whats on your M1014 presently,,if you can send some pics here to the forum it would be helpful,,,,,,,,,the pistolgrip rotates counterclockwise right off,,,,no tricks,,I went the machinist route and I'am very pleased with the results,,never had to remove the recoil tube and $cheaper,,,,so,,,when you find out if you have the corect recoil tube,,,I would let a Benelli gunsmith or a realgood one remove your recoil spring tube because that is factory torqued on and Special Handling has to be done.hope this helps,,,keep us posted----best to ya M1014 :cool:

[ 02-26-2005, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: M1014 ]

They won't sell you a new recoil tube. You can either have slots milled into the recoil tube, which can be better then factory since you can add more slots to give you an adjustable stock pull length.

Or, you can purchase an aftermarket recoil tube from surecycle and have the slots milled into it. This is the way I'm going. But it isn't a do it yourself kind of job. It's a real SOB to get the recoil tube out without doing damage to the receiver.

It's a job for a good gunsmith. I am debating about having Robar install it for me, or having Surecycle themselves do it. The good thing about rifles and shotguns is that they do not need to be mailed overnight like pistols. So shipping won't be that bad.

-Steve

• 15 years later...

I had this same issue and couldn’t find a resolution online. I purchased a factory new Benelli M1014 “special edition” with the fixed skeletonized stock. I could not get it to lock in a vertical position. I contacted Benelli customer service and got these instructions;

INSTALLATION/REMOVAL OF 1 POSITION M1014 STOCK

1. While depressing the button on the stock, slide stock on tube in the 10 o’clock position. 

2. Slide the stock all the way forward. 

3. Rotate stock to the 2 o’clock position.

4. Pull the stock all the way rearward.

5. Rotate stock to the 12 o’clock position.

This worked for me. Hope it helps someone else. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/10/2020 at 10:17 AM, Parker_372 said:

I had this same issue and couldn’t find a resolution online. I purchased a factory new Benelli M1014 “special edition” with the fixed skeletonized stock. I could not get it to lock in a vertical position. I contacted Benelli customer service and got these instructions;

INSTALLATION/REMOVAL OF 1 POSITION M1014 STOCK

1. While depressing the button on the stock, slide stock on tube in the 10 o’clock position. 

2. Slide the stock all the way forward. 

3. Rotate stock to the 2 o’clock position.

4. Pull the stock all the way rearward.

5. Rotate stock to the 12 o’clock position.

This worked for me. Hope it helps someone else. 

THANK YOU, just brought my M4 home same BS with the stock this fixed it...

• 1 year later...