benelli sbe

hc

benelli sbe  

1 member has voted

1. 1. benelli sbe

• benelli
    • sbe

Originally posted by hc:

I like to mount a truglo tridot sighting on my sbe. i will like to use it for deer and turkey. the tridot also has screw for adjustment (accuracy). anyone have any opinion on this one or any other. thanks for you input.

Please contact Customer Service at (301) 283-6981.

Originally posted by hc:

I like to mount a truglo tridot sighting on my sbe. i will like to use it for deer and turkey. the tridot also has screw for adjustment (accuracy). anyone have any opinion on this one or any other. thanks for you input.

We have found tru-glo sights to be quite compatible with the SBE. Some of them can cause a bit of aesthetic damage to the ventillated rib, but usually the sights are left on & the marring is not visible.

I always caution that a sight like that requires your brain to track focus in three planes, near sight, tip sight and target. Honestly this can get a bit confusing.

I suggest one of two things. Either stack the existing 'beads' in an overlapping figure 8 and move to the bottom of your target (pattern at a range before hunting, your 'stack' may be different than mine, and probably is) vitals and hammer it dead. :D

Failing that, or if you want another option, look into getting the B-Square mount for your benelli, and slap a red-dot on there. Sight it in @ your local range. Red dots are v. nice because you have only to focus on one plane. For turkey, blotting the base of the skull with the dot and pulling the trigger should get the job done. For deer at shotgun range the red dot should still be enough if you can put that slug in the right place. ;)

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by javven:

I always caution that a sight like that requires your brain to track focus in three planes, near sight, tip sight and target. Honestly this can get a bit confusing.

I suggest one of two things. Either stack the existing 'beads' in an overlapping figure 8 and move to the bottom of your target (pattern at a range before hunting, your 'stack' may be different than mine, and probably is) vitals and hammer it dead. :D

Failing that, or if you want another option, look into getting the B-Square mount for your benelli, and slap a red-dot on there. Sight it in @ your local range. Red dots are v. nice because you have only to focus on one plane. For turkey, blotting the base of the skull with the dot and pulling the trigger should get the job done. For deer at shotgun range the red dot should still be enough if you can put that slug in the right place. ;)

I have truglo sights on my SBE they work real well for me I have the ones with the tape on them for 3 years now they have stayed where I put them. You can move them also if your patteren is not just where you want due to site pictue and they will stay there till you move them again. They are a great in all light.

TN.TAZ , thanks for posting that about those adhesive sights from tru-glow. I was sceptical of those things working very well. Had it in my head that oil residue and the occasional bump would make it tough for those things to stay put.

good info.. thnx

jedd, glad I could put your mind at easy a little about the sight's I hope you have as much luck as I have had with mine I have had my SBE for a few years now.(1/01) I have done 2 other things to it like I put a (Limb Saver)on it and I put a Mercury Recoil Suppressor in the stock.I don't have any recoil to speak of and I shoot a lot of 3.5 heavy shells in it Duck Hunting,& Turkey Hunting. Here's the web site for the M.R.S. You might want to check them out. www.mercuryrecoil.com