Why is the "Civilian" M4s90 out of stock everywhere?

nbox

I've had 2 on order since Sept '04 (w/ 50% pre-paid). Dealer recently informed me that a rep. informed them they should take delivery sometime this month. Realistically, this probably means they'll arrive sometime early next year. Or not.

I'll certainly post when I receive them. I'm particularly keen on testing to see whether or not the "low-recoil" bbl. config. carrier breaking-problem has been remedied, as I've been told it was. We shall see.

[ 11-13-2005, 03:14 AM: Message edited by: Double_wield ]

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My new M4 arrived late yesterday, and I had a chance to take it to the range this afternoon for an initial break-in. This is a fanastic weapon! The range I use is indoor, so slugs only, no shot shells - I put 50 rounds of Remington 2 3/4" "Sluggers" through it on ANT-5 targets ranging from 15 to 75 yards.

Here is a picture of her, fresh from the range:

52356440.M4_11162005.jpg

[ 11-16-2005, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: AustinPSD ]

Originally posted by nbox:

AustinPSD, how long did you wait for your M4?

I waited about 8 days, start to finish after making the decision to purchase. The Right Gun (TRG) had what were rumored to be the last two M4's in the U.S. (excluding whatever was available on private auction). The day I made the purchase, one of those two had been sold about an hour before I called Steve at TRG. I got the last one that TRG had...

Seven days later, the M4 arrived at my local FFL dealer. The transaction went very smoothly, Steve kept me in the loop the entire time, and the M4 arrived in perfect condition, everything handled as advertised. I would definitely do business with them again. To be certain, I paid at least a $500 premium over list (all in $1830, including shipping/insurance), so this was not cheap. The only other M4 I could find was on private auction, at $2420 and rising.

Steve indicated that TRG is waiting on 18 new M4's from Benelli, expected to arrive before the end of the year, but I quote "I'll believe it when I see them..." It may be that Benelli is catching up on their backlog, but I've no idea how many shotguns are committed to long-waiting customers at places like Cal's, etc. My short wait was due to timing, luck and the fact that I was willing to "pay up" for the weapon.

I just purchased a Benelli M2 tactical yestorday. I knew I wouldn't get an M4 so I settled for this. I'll be able to pick it up November 26. Then I'll take it straight to the range. 9 days left.

The total price including taxes and dros fee is $1071. This gun shop was super small, the M2 had been siting their for about 3 months. When she undusted it, it was brand new.

[ 11-17-2005, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: arvs ]

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates on if the M4 is shipping? I have been on a list at Impact guns for six or seven months but they do not seem to know (I know there are people who have been waiting longer, I am just curious if the M4 has started comming in yet) Regards, david

Received a call from the dealer today regarding my order, but didn't get home until after closing time, so I'll have to call back tomorrow to see if my number has finally come up.

Fingers crossed...

UPDATE: #11707 in the house.

It's worth noting that the bbl. is of the 2-port variety, & is threaded for swapping chokes. It comes NIB w/ a modified choke, I believe.

[ 12-23-2005, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Double_wield ]

arvs, thanks for the url link but...

I'm in CA. and cals armory has the M4 model 11707 (pistol grip stock) which they will not ship to CA. At the bottom of cals armory webpage on the M4, they state that 11707 is not legal for sale in CA.

Who else is taking orders online right now? Please post urls.

Oh darn, they just sold out the California models. Ok, you need to check your local benelli dealers. My local gun shop Second Amendment sports called me like 2 weeks ago saying they got the M4 in stock. Check around, Benelli has started shipping them out. I got the Benelli M2 Tactical, so I won't be getting an M4. I'll really satisfied with the M2.

You'll get your M4, Benelli has shipped them out. Just use the Benelli dealer locater and called around. I'm in California too smile.gif