questions aboul found rifle

neeterjr

I had an elderly family member ask me to find out some information on an old rifle he has. We can't find it in any catalogues around here.. It has "meridan manfg co meridan, conn" on it, the number 4407 and the word kentucky on the block. Its kinda rustedand the wording is very difficult to read It also says Trplt mt & Scott patent dec 6, 1854 or'64. It turns sideways to eject the used shell. He cant remember where or how he came upon the rifle, He is over 80 yrs old. Can any one send me some info on it please.

They manufactured cheap firearms for Sears from roughly 1888 - 1914.

Even in good condition, the firearm wouldn't be worth much at all.

Originally posted by neeterjr:

I had an elderly family member ask me to find out some information on an old rifle he has. We can't find it in any catalogues around here.. It has "meridan manfg co meridan, conn" on it, the number 4407 and the word kentucky on the block. Its kinda rustedand the wording is very difficult to read It also says Trplt mt & Scott patent dec 6, 1854 or'64. It turns sideways to eject the used shell. He cant remember where or how he came upon the rifle, He is over 80 yrs old. Can any one send me some info on it please.