SBE II Performance

pbro21

Just thought I would comment about how well I like my new SBE II. I have been out hunting geese the last two weekends, and really like the way it comes up and swings. I've done better wingshooting the past two weekends then ever before, and this gun just tosses the shells extremely fast. I'm usually through my three before I know it. Here are the results of one day of goose hunting with some friends.

myandgeeseclose091705.jpg

Commando, I ran about 10 3.5" Kent Faststell BB through it, and it didn't feel any different than the 3" stuff I was shooting. I'm pretty sure the geese felt it though.

Tucker, it was 82° out when this picture was taken, but this weekend was the last day of early season and it was only about 65°. We killed 11 more this weekend at this same spot.

From the gear I'm seeing, you were hunting the fields. We've been hunting the backwaters of Gaston Lake, because they've been shifting fields almost daily.

It's been one of the hottest Septembers I can ever recall here in Southern VA. Been painfully dry too.

I'm hoping November goes to the other extreme.

Tucker, I was actually hunting a pond which is directly behind the fence in the picture. There was no where good to hide around the pond, so we hid here and tried to call them off the pond as they landed. It seemed to work pretty well. This loafing pond was about the only place we saw geese regularly. They definately weren't hitting the fields around here. All of our geese were killed between 10-11 a.m. when they returned from their morning feed.

Originally posted by pbro21:

Just thought I would comment about how well I like my new SBE II. I have been out hunting geese the last two weekends, and really like the way it comes up and swings. I've done better wingshooting the past two weekends then ever before, and this gun just tosses the shells extremely fast. I'm usually through my three before I know it. Here are the results of one day of goose hunting with some friends.

myandgeeseclose091705.jpg

:D HEY HOW IS YOUR DOG, IS HE A GREAT RETRIEVER WHEN COMES TO WHISTLE COMMANDS AND HAND SINGLES AND TAKING LINES, MARKING. I HAVE TWO LABS, ONE IS 8 YRS AND IM WORKING ON THE SECOND 8 MONTH PUP.

Commando,

She does a pretty good job. She is taking lines pretty well on blinds, and marks fairly well. She just loves to hunt which to me is the most important part. She is only about 50 pounds, and a lot of these geese are a bit big for her to handle, but she'll drag them by the wing to bring them back. She also saves me a lot of money in shells and effort by chasing down wounded birds. Great tool to have when hunting near water also.

Originally posted by pbro21:

Commando,

She does a pretty good job. She is taking lines pretty well on blinds, and marks fairly well. She just loves to hunt which to me is the most important part. She is only about 50 pounds, and a lot of these geese are a bit big for her to handle, but she'll drag them by the wing to bring them back. She also saves me a lot of money in shells and effort by chasing down wounded birds. Great tool to have when hunting near water also.

:D She sure is beautiful and sounds like a great dog with lots of drive for the game. If she still drags those big geese to you well thats a great dog who does not give up.