Cordoba or SBE 2

Team Benelli

The biggest differances are barrel lengths available and the ability to shoot 3 1/2" shells. The Cordoba comes in 28" & 30" and the SBE II in 28", 26", & 24". So if you want a 30" you have to get the Cordoba, a 24" or a 26" the SBE II, a 28" either one. The price differance accounts for the porting and the extended chokes. Just an observation. Hope this helps.--GB

Question:

The Cordoba has the looks and style of the super sport. Also was touted as a field type super sport (different receiver, yet to shoot clays-doves-upland-etc). Why then would the weight as well as other dimensions (pull, comb, drop) look a lot closer to the SBE2 than the sport?

Scott,

I think you've answered your own question... or was it rhetorical?

The Cordoba is a field gun, just as the SBEII is a field gun. Therefore, it only makes sense that the dimensions are close to each other.

I consider the Cordoba as a bit of a cross-trainer weapon. Firstly, it's a hunter, but it can spend a day at the club without seeming like an outsider.

Well, I understand what you are saying. So to that I would then ask which defines a heel drop as a clay shooter vs field? Same for the others. When you look at these dimensions, as well as the Legacy-Montefeltro.....how can you make heads or tails?

Deal is, I believe consistency and repetition is key to better shooting. So I guess if I don't want to bang my duck gun on a clay course (2k round/year), I need a Cordoba and shouldn't use a sport....which is touted as the clay gun.

Obviously a fitting would alter all this. Or would it?

Scott - ya opened a big can-o-worms on this one.. :D

historicly, shooters have leaned toward a more 'linear' dimensioned gun for the range..

thats all I'll touch on ..

just consider Fit and Feel to be the two most important factors.

guns are 'generically' produced and a guy thats 5'8" is going to have different needs/dimensions as say someone of my stature @ 6'5" ..

Fit and Feel First! ;)

Ok, understand. Once you get past that? In other words, I have a SS that I've started using for clays as well as a SBE2 for waterfowl. Like the feel of both and shoot them both well. So now I can hear it from the back row....why all of this? Deal is first I'm trying to understand it as well as I don't want to be just good. Looking for the concepts as well as wanting and willing to work harder to be better.

Oh yea, I'm 6" even.

Also, I noticed under the class collection that the lop and drops for the 7 models are all the same.

Thanks for your comments BD and looking forward to more. Send a pm if you care to.

[ 03-03-2005, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Scott Vix ]

Originally posted by Scott Vix:

Oh yea, I'm 6" even.

Well, thanks for sharing that bit of information!

But seriously...

Search Google for stuff like "proper shotgun fit" "shotgun fitting" and so on.

Opinions vary, but I prefer to have all of my guns at or near the same dimensions, including rib height. My new SBEII has taken some getting used to over my old 870 pumper, but I'm swatting the ducks, geese, and clays pretty well now.

By far, the most important thing is to have the weapon fit you well and to be comfortable with it.

Shared that due to a earlier comment.

""Opinions vary, but I prefer to have all of my guns at or near the same dimensions, including rib height.""

Thats the whole reason for the comments and questions. I agree. Between here and the p.m's I've sent, I'm not any closer.

I have had my sbe1 fitted. To do so, the fitter put a small extension between the pad and stock. How does that happen with the gel pad?

• 4 years later...

For what it's worth on dimensions; I just bought a new Cordoba. Needed to add decelerator slip-on pad to get enough LOP, just like I do with both my Model 12s. I am 6'2" with longer arms. I am not yet certain just how or if those shims supplied with the gun would change it. I got recoil on the cheek the first few rounds, before adding the decelerator, same with Model 12s.