I'm very happy -take a look at what I had done

Pippps

I just had my Thompson Center Arms system airbrushed. I found a website

www.camo-graphics.com and had them customize the black synthetic stock. I can't say enough about how great they were. If I can figure out how to post photos here you'll see it in this thread. The artist even asked for my permission to post pictures of it in their website gallery since he likes the look of the TSA stuff

mytsasmm1ti.jpg

tsa20jk.jpg

Looks good. Tucker301 if you do a search on some of the other gun forums you will probably run across some threads of people painting their guns themselves. It might not look as good, but usually is cheaper. You might also be able to find an autobody shop that has an airbrush artist who will do it for a reasonable price. I really wanted to get my gun professionally painted, but $350 is more than I wanted to pay. The $350 wasn't through this artist, I have no idea what he charges.

re: type of finish

They use enamel with a flex agent, over a black undercoat. The whole "shootin' match" is coated with four coats of a matte laquer to toughen it up. that way, if I somehow manage to scratch it (unlikely) it will blend with the pattern, since it will show black undercoat.