SBE

dkhunter

• 4 weeks later...

I was thinking the same thing since I bought my SBE1 this spring but soon found out new stock did not fit and does not look like a simular stock will be offered for old SBEs. So to reduce the recoil (preceived recoil) I added a mercury recoil reducer in the stock and a prefitted limbsaver butt pad. This significantly reduced precieved recoil, I believe simular to SBE2 that has no add ons. I say this after shooting a round of skeet with a friends SBE2. smile.gif

I purchased a SBE last year prior to Benelli coming out with the SBE II. I was wondering if it was possible to mount the new comfortech stock on the older SBE. And if so where can you purchase just the stock.

the prefit SIMS limbsaver pad makes a world of difference on the SBE. it really takes bite out of felt recoil. i can shoot all day now and have not even a bruse to show. i highly recomend it!

i'm trying a ported choke tube (Haydel's/Rhino DPX) to try and tame the muzle jump a little bit. i'll let ya know how it works.

I've been skeptical about how the gel will hold up say 10 years down the road. I don't see how it could not harden and lose effectiveness.

I sure hope I'm wrong though. While I am not bothered at all with recoil of shotguns I don't like the recoil of rifles (with scopes in front of my eyes). If the technology is sound and seems to last I might finally soften up my deer rifle instead of perpetually using my smaller rifles and carbines instead of my magnums...