LaRue EOTech QD Mount

giantsquid

Read the following email string to LaRue Tactical regarding the EOtech mount. Anyone else have this problem?

"I mounted my LT-110 on my Benelli M4 and took it out yesterday. When

I was done shooting about 50 rounds I noticed it was very difficult to

remove the mount from the shotgun. When I finally wiggled it off, I

noticed that the metal bar that grabs into the picatinny rail was

badly gouged. Is this common? Do I have a defective piece? I have

attached a picture for your reference.

Thanks,

Geoffrey

No need to send a pic...the Bennelli has some wierd rail config which is not a 1913 Picatinny. Our stuff is only made for teh 1913 stuff. That lever just smushed-under the rail somehow and ended-up crammed in there. You couyld probably wiggle it around too. This has recently come to light by another Bennelli owner.

Sorry, please send it back for a full refund.

Mark LaRue"

Benelli's rails are not to true 1913 spec, but as an option, you can replace the stock Benelli rail with a Mesa Tactical rail/shell holder which works fine with the LaRue mounts.

On a side note, there is no finer company to deal with than LaRue Tactical. This should be obvious by Mark's reply above.

[ 12-13-2006, 04:57 AM: Message edited by: nickdrak ]

Not true 1913 spec? Or is it just poor qual control?? I have an Elcan tactical on Colt M4 that interchanges easily between the Benelli M4. Also the reddot on the Benelli fits Colt M4. They must have looser tolerances than the LaRue, but they both feel tight shot to shot. I have not mic'd the rail to see if Benelli and Colt rails are the same....

Interesting

Support your local PJ

Read the following email string to LaRue Tactical regarding the EOtech mount. Anyone else have this problem?

"I mounted my LT-110 on my Benelli M4 and took it out yesterday. When

I was done shooting about 50 rounds I noticed it was very difficult to

remove the mount from the shotgun. When I finally wiggled it off, I

noticed that the metal bar that grabs into the picatinny rail was

badly gouged. Is this common? Do I have a defective piece? I have

attached a picture for your reference.

Thanks,

Geoffrey

No need to send a pic...the Bennelli has some wierd rail config which is not a 1913 Picatinny. Our stuff is only made for teh 1913 stuff. That lever just smushed-under the rail somehow and ended-up crammed in there. You couyld probably wiggle it around too. This has recently come to light by another Bennelli owner.

Sorry, please send it back for a full refund.

Mark LaRue"

I just checked out my LaRue mount on my Benelli, no problems with the rail or the mount?

I am finding it hard to believe the rail is not a 1913, this shotgun was designed for the Marine Corp? I would think that the rail would be a real 1913, to fit the accessories, since that was one of the guns selling features.

I put one of the fine LaRue mounts on and found it very difficult (I should say impossible) to close the latch. I loosened up the nut (with enclosed wrench) till I could easily closed the latch and it seems fine.

The only problem I have now is I think the extra weight of the sight seems to cause some FTF? It definately had some problems when I was blasting away from the hip, which it never had before.