SBE II vs. M2

stranglehold

Two totally different guns IMHO.

The feel different, shoulder different, assembly different, sight different, etc.

I've always liked the option to shoot 3.5". Old and slow 3.5" loads were lame, but the new 3.5" shells can really shine in some applications.

I've heard only things good about the M1/M2 line.

Myself, I'd never spend $1000 on an M2 if the SBE II was $1200.

I'd spend some time at the dealer and shoulder both.

mudhen - CA

Originally posted by mudhen:

Two totally different guns IMHO.

The feel different, shoulder different, assembly different, sight different, etc.

I've always liked the option to shoot 3.5". Old and slow 3.5" loads were lame, but the new 3.5" shells can really shine in some applications.

I've heard only things good about the M1/M2 line.

Myself, I'd never spend $1000 on an M2 if the SBE II was $1200.

I'd spend some time at the dealer and shoulder both.

mudhen - CA

I'll second what Mudhen has to say. But then I will also add in my own extra comments.

The choices should come down to what are you going to do with this gun. If you are just going upland bird and occasionally ducks/geese then I would choose the M2. I bagged 3 Canadians, 1 Pintail drake and a mallard drake with my M2 this last season. THe year before it bagged 14 pheasant. So if you match the loads with what your intended target is then you probably don't need the 3.5 inch capablity.

I also use my M2 for Sporting Clays and 5-Stand. In this application it cycles 2.75 dram 1 Ounce #8's all day. The SBE might not, then again the M2 might not but has a better chance of doing that for all day shooting. You would need to work down to those loads to see if your gun reliably cycles them.

The chouice ulimately comes down to your intended use.

Either one is an exceptional gun.

Mike :D