Nice One Benelli

Nemesis

Just got my new M4. Looking very much forward to shooting it.

Only one problem-----Benelli neglected to send any choke tubes. :(

A rather amazing oversight.....

I called Benelli and they said it would take 10 days for them to get a complete set of 3 tubes to me.

Sigh......California law left me waiting 10 days for my shotgun....now (thanks to Benelli) I have another 10 days to wait.

Did you buy from a dealer?

Does he have any more M4's?

Is it possible that they could give you a set from another weapon in stock and get the makeup set from Benelli?

People.

These dealers need to be held accountable for more than just taking our money and processing the paperwork.

If there is a problem, TAKE IT BACK TO THE DEALER!

Funny--It seems that many folks have gotten only one choke tube and I was half expecting that I would only get one as well. That would not be so bad--at least I could use my shotgun and I could call Benelli for the other two.

Imagine my surprise when I got NONE. It makes me worry a bit....what else might they have "forgotten?"

Tucker--good point and that is exactly what I tried to do. He had nothing else in stock....

When my M4 showed up it only came with one choke as well and I was wondering if the dealers were removing them and selling them separate. I called Benelli CS and mentioned this about the dealers and they told me that some M4's were sent out without the Chokes because of a change over at the plant.

Yup--I got mine with only one tube. I called Benelli about 3 months ago and asked about the missing tubes. After giving them my serial #, the nice lady grudgingly agreed to send the remaining tubes out. When I asked why they weren't shipped out with the shotgun, she told me that they had originally advertised that the shotgun would be shipped with a set of 3 choke tubes, but later....................(changed their minds I guess--she wouldn't elaborate).

If they have been paying attention to recent pricing trends for this weapon system, they may have just decided that they would be better served shipping the shotgun out with only one, then selling the remaining tubes at some ridiculous markup (I'm sure some people would still pay). I still haven't received the tubes although they were supposed to arrive in 10-15 working days, and haven't heard a peep from Benelli customer service. I've called back twice, but got tired of sitting on hold for 20 minutes on a long distance call, so I guess I'm just giving up for now.

+.5 for Benelli customer service from me so far.

----Mildot

[ 10-07-2006, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: Mildot ]

My M4 also only came with only the mod tube in the barrel. I went the other way instead of calling CS and simply contacted CS by email. Two or three days later they replied requesting my S# which I should have given them originally and which tube I had and about 5 days later received the other two tubes by UPS. I've had no problems with CS and can't complain other than being shorted the tubes to begin with, but at least I had the mod tube and could shoot it. I feel your pain Nemesis.

Mildot, try the email route and let us know.

Hopefully you'll have the same luck I did.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: email sent to Benelli customer service on 09-26-06. Benelli customer service responded the same day, and quickly thereafter to follow-up emails. Received my missing chokes and a complimentary Benelli T-shirt for my troubles on 10-06-06.

Changed my above post to reflect my new feelings with Benelli customer service.

---Mildot

P.S.--Thanks again Tucker.

I recently bought a new Beretta 20 ga. I took it to the skeet range to shoot it in and was going to change the chokes from the Modified to the included Improved Cylinder. I screwed out the Mod, no problem. Then I started to screw in the IC and it turned and turned and turned but never stopped and I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I finally pulled it out and looked closer. The threads were not finished. It looked like someone had barely scratched or scored the choke where it was supposed to be threaded, but never finished the job and it could not be screwed in. I called Beretta customer service and they insisted I mail it back before they would replace it. I think I'll just use the chokes from my Benelli 20 instead.

I think CS forgot about me. Sent them a few emails about getting choke tubes for my m4, and they said they'd send them out. That was over a month ago, nothing yet.

I'm thinking I may send my m4 in for them to look at, anyway. Finish seems to be pretty thin -- very easily scratched/chipped, and the rear sight housing has discolored areas. There's that, and what looks like some chipped spots out of the barrel itself.

Wonder if QC is becoming an issue? Perhaps pressure to produce has exceed the capacity to produce a high quality consumer finish on metal parts. Either that or they have shifted to 2nd stocks for parts availability. I'll continue to rely on CS to make things right on my choke tube shortage and spotty finish issues on bolt carrier and related link.

You know, Woodcock, after seeing the "factory" tubes for the m4 and comparing them to the one I've got on there, I'm thinking maybe you're right. The finish on this thing seems remarkably easy to bang up. Either the black matte finish isn't worth squat, or it tends to be very ablative but somehow keeps enough on the metal to keep it protected. I don't know, I haven't let mine start to rust yet, or even banged it around much, so I don't know how tough it actually is.

One would think that since it's military grade, it'd be very resistant...but I dunno.