sbe II choke wrench problem?

bluegoose

Has anyone with the sbe II had problems trying to tighten there factory full choke with the the given choke wrench. The wrench will fit all the other chokes except for full choke. Choke wrench seems to be too big for the factory full choke. I wish the sbe II choke wrench was like my sbe choke wrench with the thread cleaners on it. And Yes my safety is absolutely ridiculous. But that is a different problem that many seem to be dealing with. :cool:

:eek: I got out the full choke to my SBEII and the choke wrench that came with the SBEII. My choke wrench will not fit in the full choke to be of any usefulness. :mad:

There is no way I will be able to use this choke wrench to tighten the full choke within the barrel.

It does not appear to be limited to the SBEII based on Geno's response. Is anyone else having this issue and with which gun model?

I only duck hunt so the full choke is of no use to me but I just checked my SBE 2 and I can also add this to the list of problems I have with the gun...

1) 4max camo is chipped

2) safety is HORRIBLE

3) Stock is going to be a HUGE pain in my balls to keep clean and dry.

4)full choke issue

5) Benelli customer service sucks...

6) wonder if they even have customer service employees or is the department just a stuffed monkey sitting in front of a computer.

7)Safety if you didn't know is HORRIBLE

I have also noticed the chokes of a sbe and a sbe 2 are not compatable. I was dissapointed I figured the new offspring of the sbe would atleast have the same chokes. You have to be careful alot of companies haven't labeled chokes for the sbe 2 yet, they just say benelli/berretta but these chokes won't fit the sbe 2.

Camo is right on-I used the small "handle" looking part of the choke wrench and it loosened the full choke so I could twist out by hand [the Sport II has the extended crio chokes]. I'm not sure if that's how it was designed to work but it did. The weird looking part of the wrench with the notches in it works for the other 4 chokes just fine. Did this work for you other fellows too?

Geno,

I tried your suggestion of using the "small" end of the handle of the choke tube wrench on the full choke. This does not work for me on my SBEII full choke.

I tried to use the "large" end of the handle, that works better until you attempt to perform this on the gun as the choke tube recesses into the barrel about 1/16" or 1/8". Then using the “large” end of the handle will not work.

I will go ahead and state the obvious, I check the SBEII owners’ manual and using the "handle" end of the choke tube wrench is not the proper method for tightening the choke tube.

GUYS ,

Got to give Benelli a big THUMBS UP !!! Called customer service today about choke wrench and saftey........NO beating around the bush , Straight shooting customer Rep..... New wrench on the way and answer coming probably next week on the saftey......Give them time , they are working on the problems ........ I think if you will give them a chance , things will work out .........I like my Benelli's !!!!!!!!! ........Thanks...DUCK

• 3 weeks later...

They sent me a replacement which looks exactly like the one I had with my M-1 90 and it works fine on all the extended crio chokes on my Sport II but the thread cleaner end won't drop and fit the barrel grooves. Even had 2 plumbers/pipefitters on my trap team try with no luck. I guess I can live with that but anyone else notice the same?