Ok, I am pissed

dsplunker

I have 5 kids. (three adopted) It wasnt easy and even harder to justify but I saved for a long time just to buy the Montefeltro. A gun that all the sales people said was a rolls compared to the others. I have had it 3 weeks and it has jammed more times then my Ithica has in twenty years. I have cleaned it and cleaned it. I dont know how to remove the magizine feed but i got in there as far as i could, and then followed it with an oily cloth. I have dropped my ithica in the **** mud, only cleaned the barrel and exterior for the whole quail and duck season and NEVER had it jam!! Is this gun defective or is it a POS? How can i shoot a game of 100 round sporting clays when the thing starts to jam after 1 box of shells? Right now I wish I would have bought another gun and took the kids to Disneyland. Is there a money back gaurentee on this thing?

Bill

Thanks for both of your responces wallhanger. I have used bothe federal (tossed the boxes so cant give you the specs} and winchester 2 3/4 inch 3 DR. EQ 1 1/8 OZ 7 1/2 shot I have cleaned the gun twice very well. I have oiled it with the oil that came with the gun on every moving part in the dumb thing. The follower is the black metal one. The pattern I am seeing so far is that after 1 to 1 1/2 boxes the third shell leaves the magazine but hangs there. Some times i just need to lightly touch it and it will finish the cycle and some times i need to apply some presure. I have had it 4 or five times do this on the 2nd shell as well. 2 times yesterday. We are having the best quail season in probably 10 years here in AZ and I cant trust this gun. I am the third generation to own my Ithica, It has been a rock solid gun for over 40 years, has had easily 8,000 rounds through it and I have had the thing jam on me 3 times. I was going to pass it on to my son. I think I will have to hold on to it another season or two. I have owned this Benelli 3 weeks for 350 rounds and it has jammed at least 15 times. I should have bought a browning! In all fairness I havent called customer service yet, but I am as soon as they open. It is just crazy that a gun new out of the box will have these problems.

Bill

personally I would contact customer service and get hooked up with a repair shop...I just got my SBE2 about a month ago and I go out clay/quail hunting with it and shoot loads that it isnt even rated to fire (1 oz. 3 dram) and it cycles flawlessly. I took it out duck hunting with 3 inch steel loads and it worked flawlessly on that too, and I dropped the thing in the mud on the way out to my blind =/

dont give up on the gun, get it fixed and it will work forever....I have shot the rem, beretta, browning and benelli autoloaders and you picked the right one out of the 4 IMHO

I had the very same thing with my 20 ga.Montfeltro. After 3 years of cleaning and oiling everything 50 times I bought a Wolf spring that is 15% stronger. The gun has worked perfit now. You can get the spring from Midway or Browenal for about $12.00. This spring goes in the stock, that is were the trouble is from. The spring is to lite that comes in the gun.

[ 11-24-2005, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: Jed ]