Recoil reducer

New Duck

I installed a recoil reducer and a limbsaver recoil pad on my SBE at the same time. I had injured my arm two weeks earlier and was having diffuculty shooting any gun. With the aforementioned upgrades I shot approximately 35 3 1/2 inch shells on a goose hunt with no pain or discomfort at all. I highly recommend both products.

To balance out my gun and defeat recoil, i installed a mercury tube but put it in the mag tube instead of the stock, this keeps the weight of the gun more forward and keeps the muzzle down when shooting... it is by far the best performance that I have found!!! I put the 4.5 inch reducer in the mag tube but just so happened to have a shorter spring laying around ( about 13 inches) , take out the plug and let the reducer act as the plug... I can still hold two 3.5 inch shells in the mag tube. Good luck!! jrs

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 16.5 inch length of pull. All shotguns used to cause me discomfort. I just threw on a 5 dollar slip on pad and that changed everything for me on my M1. I love to shoot it now. Slugs don't bother me a bit. Have your LOP measured and equip your long gun accordingly.

• 3 weeks later...

does the mecurey reducer screw up the cycling action on a semiauto?? i have been hearing that anything too "heavy" added to a benelli will affect the inertia system. ****, holding ti lightly will casue it to jam. i would hate to think that a reducer systen would "soften" just enough for the bolt to jam in the same way as "limp shouldering". thier saying that even a sidesadel will cause jams. whats up?

don"t believe everything you hear,its when you mount a heavy item on top of the reciever where the action is , or a side saddle tightened up to tight,an individual could fire the weapon with it up against the wall providing you still had the rubber butt on, later M1014 smile.gif

Lord am I a rookie with long guns, but I've got to ask this and embarrass myself. I bought the Limb Saver 10547 Slip-On pad for my Nova Tactical. The instructions say to remove the old pad and then install the slip-on. I thought the puprpose of the slip-on pad was to "slip-on" over the factory pad. Am I way off here or what? Help me out here guys.

Originally posted by PowDuck:

Militiaman, I THINK the medium sized one has to slip on after the factory pad is removed. It takes the place of, instead of adding to the factory pad.

I also bought the SIMS pad, 10547, Medium, The old pad must be removed, then it will fit. I also plan to cut off the stock pad where it starts getting wider and push that part back down into the stock to provide lateral support, you can actually press in on the hollow stock with your hand with the stock pad out. If anybody can think of any reason NOT to do this, please let me know. Thanks Ray