SBE/Montefeltro Shell catcher

Robert II

Benelli does not make a shell catcher-I believe because the bolt handle and action/receiver are intregal to the inertia cycling system and a standard shell catcher would cause a hang-up if they did fit in the first place. I tried a Beretta shell catcher and it was too small to snap in the side of the action/receiver-anybody have comments on that. The good old small and thick rubber band placed in front of the bolt handle does work quite well in keeping the spent hull inside the receiver but you do have to sort of dig it out after firing a round. That's what I do with my Sport II and it's fine in warm weather shooting but much more difficult around here in the winter time when you have to wear heavier shooting gloves usually stuffed with a hand-warmer. Try it, it does work and in time you'll get used to it. Let me know how it goes.