Terror Chokes

lakemaniac

The 700 is a good short range ,up to 40 yrds or so choke. The 675 is a Great all around choke for non toxic loads. The 655 is good if you shoot long or I have been very impressed with the way mine handles HS on turkeys & those snow geese that want to hang on the edge of range. The terror chokes work good with lead too ,but seem to pattern lead more open than you would expect. I don't know what kind of shot you are talking about, but the 700 was deadly for me with HS out to 40 or so yrds. Steel gave some good patterns too. If you tend to shoot past 40 yrds ,I would go with the .675.

I wrote to jeff and he kind of leaned toward the 700 model.I work on two hunts all season.Big open water and a small pond.i hunted with the comp 'n choke last year,and while I made some pretty good distant shots,the closer oneswere pretty tough.What i would really like to get my hands on is a choke that can kind of give me the same results both near and far,Am I dreaming??By the way this forum is by far the best and most informative one I have seen so far.Makes me pretty nervous asking advice and not feeling foolish.Thanks!!!

Lake,probably not gonna happen with one choke. One thing that I do know is from my pattern work with some chokes is I can get a tighter pattern by going to Hevishot. An example is Sun I was shooting some pattern & a Briley LM was giving me a good close range pattern with steel & TM. When I shot some HS through it , the pattern was to dense for close range work, so in effect I could stick a TM or steel in for the first shot & the 2nd & 3rd would have been good for another 10 yards or so with Hevishot.