Benelli Legacy DU 12 Ga.

tjseller

I was recently the lucky winner of a Ducks Unlimited limited Legacy. My question to this group is should I shoot this gun or keep ir as a collector piece. I cannot see myself stepping in a varmit hole in South dakota with this gun in my hands. Nor having a 80lb lab knoc it over in a blind. I have guns for both of those situations. I could use it for clays and alike but do not want to reduce its value greatly just for target shooting. I have never had a firearm this "pretty". Thanks in advance for your comments.

I have seen the legacy and it is designed for elegance. I have one shotgun that I have for display only. and it looks like it was made for elegance, my father found it in france in WWII and gave it to me later. I can't shoot it because the barrel's are majorly pitted but I still re-blued and re-furnished the outside of it to look nice.

In your position, considering that you obviously have guns that you could use in the same situation as that one. I would rcommend storing it on display in a well filtered glass case,

"It's too pretty to shoot" tongue.gif

Or you could you know not do that it's just what I would do.

Most advice I've seen on those guns is they make enough of them so there really isn't any value other than face, but I know what you mean about not shooting it. If you got plenty of shotguns, put it up and test the market every few years and see what they are going for.

The value is only to the buyer - some like the DU guns as collector's - some think it makes the value less. I happen to own the same gun & use it for upland/trap/skeet/sporty's. I love it and it shoots great. The gun is a hybrid if you compare it to other Leagacy's and Benelli's. It has some nice "pretty" inlay and wood that makes it look like a weapon of considerable value, and is approx. wholesale valued at about $1400. A similar equipped SBE in a flyways edition goes for about $2000 retail. Maybe the right collector would find a higher price due to the limited edition - I believe a couple thousand wew made. I've seen guys trying to sell them for $4000 or higher, but that seems a little high. It is a pretty gun with the nice wood and gold inlay - either way... it will make you smile when you look at it in the field or in a display. Have Fun!