headed to mexico

red willie

just bought a new sbeII and want to take it to mexico. but as you mite think im going to be shooting there shells.

please tell me with good cleaning that my new toy will work without any problems..

has any of you shot that stuff down there with the sbeII..

thanx in advance

rw

Originally posted by red willie:

just bought a new sbeII and want to take it to mexico. but as you mite think im going to be shooting there shells.

please tell me with good cleaning that my new toy will work without any problems..

has any of you shot that stuff down there with the sbeII..

thanx in advance

rw

You better make **** certain ALL your paperwork is complete and in order BEFORE you cross into Mexico AND before you attempt to leave Mexico. That means all your firearms and all ammunition too. To the last **** round. ANY MISTAKES OR MISSED FORMS AND TACO THE RUMP RANGER WILL BE YOUR CELLMATE FOR A LOOONG TIME. Mexicans do not like Americans. They are a lower form of life. Better to rent firearms from your outfitter and buy ammunition while in Mexico. Make **** certain NOTHING you carry can be construed as "military caliber" by the Federales or you will NEVER SEE IT AGAIN and again Taco The Rump Ranger will be your guide. By the way, Mexico sucks.

myboyelroy,

thanx for the advise, i will make sure to put it all in order before i go. very good advise..

as to puting mag loads through the gun,, im thinking this must softin up the spring? will my sbeII run any low base ammo staight out of the box?

when i bought this gun, my thinking was i wanted a gun that will do it all from doves to geese. here in my neck of the woods the bird hunting is very very good for waterfowl and the upland can be just as good at times. i just want to shoot one gun from now on for hunting it all.. any way this site has hepled me very much thanx to all that read this..

if you are ever on this side of the u.s. look me up love to take you out for a duck shoot..

love to hear more on the topic of low base ammo and the sbeII..

rw

It's pretty universal that the action needs to be broken-in on any semi-auto shotgun. The glorious SBEII is no exception. You will find some difficulty shooting lighter rounds with the gun out-of-the-box. Because of stiff springs and just general-stiffness, the SBEII will probably not cycle consistently.

Not to worry! When you do break it in, you will have the all-in-one gun for which you are looking. Just give it a lot of love for one weekend, ice your shoulder, and you're ready to go! Better yet, take that buddy of yours who can handle anything (we all have one) and make him shoot a half dozen boxes of mags through it for you. :D

cleric,

i got just the friend to do it for me, the guy shoots a 10ga for ducks, says it feels good..

any way cleric thanx for the advise, thats what i will do, just bought a case of 3 1/2in bb's. our duck season opens on sat. ill let the mag loads do the talking for me..

oh i cant wait to stack them birds up this year..

ill let you guys know it go's, thanx again guys for the help..

rw

Hey Red Willie--MyBoyElRoy knows his ****; I've been to Mexico whitewing hunting in years past and the last trip I swore I'd NEVER DO IT AGAIN with my own gun. Long story made short big hassle by some Rurales, which is the country version of a Federale down there, and my paperwork was in order. As an aside, their shells will not hurt your gun. Walmart chinese firecrackers would do worse. Lastly, I was hunting in South Texas 9-22-06 and heard some horror stories about hunting with the Mexicans in the Yucatan, if that's where you're going. Bad service,

too many hands out for your pesos, etc...

By the way, if you shoot alot and have the doves made into Tamales, when you get to the Border tell Customs they are tamales de gato, not tamales paloma. Good luck.

well as i said above, i would would let you know how it went..

all i can say is wow, my sbeII shoots perfect, i put 6 boxs of 3in 1 1/4 bb kent loads down the barrle on our opening weeked for ducks, in the sun on sat. and the all day rain on sunday. not one mishap to think of that wasnt user error.. still need to get used to how it shoots..as i am a long time remington guy but what a great smoke pole..

oh, the report for the weekend duck shoot,, i am lucky enough to hunt the best plot of land in our state i think anyway. sat. 152 birds for 26 shooters not bad but then for sunday witch was nasty nasty weather it was great, 217 birds with 18 bands for 31 shooters. this is all on privet ground. for my self i thought i shot very well with a new gun..

any way thats my story and im sticking to it.

thanx RW

The last time me & my crew went hunt'n in mexico...we were hunt'n Federalels...Federal judicial LEOs on the payroll of the cartels...Sure was a lott'a fun!!!...The looks on their faces when a BlkHwk landed in their front yards & a bunch'a Nasty Boys piled out'a the bird & drag'd em from their comfy little Ranch-casa living rooms...was ...Priceless....heh-heh!

REMY,

hunting on savie island

but i did hit the big c on tues the 17th with 26 birds for 4 shooters. down low by lewis & clark..

as for summer lake i have heard that opening weekend was a good shoot, but that it had slowed alot the last couple of days,, we need some northen birds to show up,,,and by the last weather report from my buds in canada the birds are on there way..

rw

as for the reason i started this thred,,

mexico,

well i dont think i will be taking my sbe II down there. it wont run low base shells well enough to take it down. but alls well that ends well,, i love this gun,, thats all i can say,, so far i have over a case of ammo run down it and have not cleaned it yet, i want to see how it takes it.. and not one mishap yet..

i am now, with out dout a BENELLI man..

rw

thanx REMY ill do that,,,you shootin this weekend??

if so good luck,, the weather over here is way to nice for good duck shoot,, ill be after nooks to the bay at tillamook, the fishin been very good as of late aswell as the crabing,,

takein the sbe aswell just in case i can put a move on some salty ducks..

rw..