just bought my SBEII!!!

ogtx

Ok fellas, I gave in. I got mine today in synthetic with 28" barrel. I can't wait to go shoot her. Looks great, I can't say I have ever been this excited about a firearm purchase.

How did you guys break yours in? I am thinking of shooting some clays weds, and was just planning on shooting 1 1/8 oz loads. Should I shoot heavier to start? Any recommendations are appreciated

I just went out and shot the pattern board along with some clays. I look at the breake-in thing like breaking in a new auto engine--just shoot the the dang thing and have some fun!!! I got to say I sure am enjoying this new benelli--shoots great without any problems!

Quoting the SBE Manual:

WARNING: due to precision machine tolerances on your shotgun, some breaking-in period may be required before your new gun works perfectly with light target loads. If you experience any initial functioning problems, we recommend firing three or four boxes of standard hunting loads to allow for this break-in period.

[ 03-14-2006, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: tucker301 ]

I broke mine in with assorted 1700 to 2000 fps slugs ... which I'm sure provided as much teeth rattling recoil as any stout shotshell. When all was done, it cycles "reduced recoil" lightfields that are so slow you can practically watch their flight ... and Winchester AA's without a hitch. :cool:

Can someone explain what exactly is being "broke in". ie. names of parts inside the receiver. It would seem to me that it wouldn't make a difference if you shot 100 light loads vs. heavy loads. either way the gun fully cycled 100 times. wouldn't shooting the lightest loaded shell cycle the bolt completely back and stop, then return forward. What I'm getting at is that lightly or heavily loaded, the gun will cycle COMPLETELY.

Love my SBEII

Ben

I was just wondering if you were looking for a gun that was designed to handle light loads.

Kind of sounded that way from your post.

The SBEII is by design a standard to heavy load gun.

It MAY cycle light loads right out of the box. It MAY not ever cycle light loads.

Breaking the gun in per the instructions in the manual is the best way to get the most out of the gun.

I'm the type of person who likes to ask WHY? I've always wanted to know how things work. I would love for someone to explain to me why we need to break in the firearm and what exactly is being broke in.

I'm not trying to be snooty, I'm just a very curious person.

Call customer service and ask them.

I'm sure they'll put you right through to a senior gunsmith who will take a half hour to answer all of your questions.

They're not busy this time of year and they love to hear from people.

If, by some quirk, they won't answer your questions, call the home office in Italy.

Benelli Armi SpA

via della Stazione, 50

61029 - URBINO (PU) - ITALY

Tel. 0722.307.1

Fax 0722.307.207 - 307 227

You will need to dial 011 first for Italy - +6 hours time difference from Eastern Time. +9 hours for out west here.

How can than be? If it's 5:50 p.m. here, why is it not 5:50 pm in Italy?

Can someone please explain this to me?

Not trying to be a dolt, I'm just naturally curious.

My mother says it's my best feature...

mudhen - CA

"Forum Bully" ... I like that. It has sort of a homophobic ring to it. Like a cowboy inadvertantly wandered into a NYC gay bar and started kicking a$$ on his way back out the door. tongue.gif

Brute, animal, beastie, savage ... yelled with the proper outrage, indignation, whisppy enunciation and a limp wrist of course. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I absolutely don't know which parts are affected by the break-in procedure.

I suspect that I could guess and get it 90% right, but the knowledge is useless beyond measure.

The folks who designed and built the gun seem to know their stuff, so I trust in their advice about break-in, care, and maint. of the weapon.

Don't forget that the people in Italy probably speak Italian. Italian is not the same as English.

I don't know why they don't speak English, but it's certainly something that warrants further investigation.

Dammit! No sleep again tonight!

Originally posted by Butch-M:

"Forum Bully" ... I like that. It has sort of a homophobic ring to it. Like a cowboy inadvertantly wandered into a NYC gay bar and started kicking a$$ on his way back out the door. tongue.gif

Brute, animal, beastie, savage ... yelled with the proper outrage, indignation, whisppy enunciation and a limp wrist of course. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Is that what the movie "Brokeback Mountain" is about?

LOL ... I haven't seen it ... and don't intent to. Not for any particularly "thing" about gays. I dated a VERY liberal NY area Newspaper Editor for about a year, so I've seen my share of their world, been to enough dinners, barbeques, and parties with them. :cool: I'm simply in rebellion against the liberal media trying to bulldoze the picture to Oscars and to brainwash everyone into believing that homosexuality is a right and admirable lifestyle. :mad: In yet another attempt to ADVANCE THEIR AGENDA to undermine both Christian values, and American values, and what we (the majority) have always held in high esteem. The strength, pure masculinity, steadfast resolve of the HETEROSEXUAL Cowboy in this particular case. :( :( :(

Hey Guys - I just bought a Toyota, but I just realized it's not as fast (or good) as a Ferrari - why is that? I like cars, I'm not an expert (just a moron), but I just want to know why? They both have wheels, seats, and a steering wheel, both have a motor, but why is my Toyota slower? I followed the owner's manual, started it up, pressed on the gas pedal, but can't get the thing to go - any suggestions???