anybody shot your sbe2

djansma

I finally shot my sbe2 and have put about 250 rounds through it

I did have a little problem with some 2-3/4 dram shells jamming at first to tell you the truth I didn't even no they were in my shell case Like the gun quite well and have had to other sbe's the only problem I find is the safe is quite stiff and I did like the larger triangle shaped safe on my 2 year older sbe I was shooting the improved choke tube as for the recoil did not notice a lot of difference on 2-3/4 shells but I also did not shoot

any 3 or 3-1/2 I will soon

for now they seem to have done a nice job

David

I purchased two SBElls. I have put 900 rounds thru mine at clays without a hitch. It shoots and cycles anything I put in it. Only complaint is the stiff safety. On the other hand, my son's will not cycle any load below 3 1/4 DE. One thing I did that he did not was take mine out and shoot two boxes of 3 in mag thru it first. They were so hot, I didn't even hold the second box to my shoulder. It shoots great and I love it. Great gun...........Upland04

I finally got to take my SBE II out for the first time today. I shot 120 shells through the gun.

100 shells of Winchester 2 3/4" with 3 1/4 Dr. Eq. at 1 1/8 Oz.

10 shells of Winchester Supreme 3” with Max Dr. Eq. At 2 Oz.

10 shells of Winchester Supreme 3 1/2" with Max. Dr. at 2 1/4 Oz.

I had 5 FTF (failure to feed) out of the 100 shells. The first FTF was around 50 shells fired.

The gun did not fire on the second shot (it seems that was when all of the FTF occurred out of the four shells) and when I looked down at the three-quarter open breech, the second shell was in the carrier but the bolt stop at about a third of the way down the shell. The shell was still in the carrier.

My guesses are that the bolt was closing too quickly before the next shell was totally in the carrier or that the first shell did not provide enough recoil to move the bolt fully to the rear.

I had no problems firing four in a row of the 3” shells or firing three in a row of the 3 1/2” shells.

I should state that the gun had no problems shooting the Turkey loads however my shoulder certainly felt it.

:D

After shooting four shells of the 2 3/4", I would release the bolt, and attempt to load a shell to find the carrier would not move down.

I would manually pull the bolt back and lock it back, then release it again. Most of the time this allowed me to move the carrier down so I could load a shell into the magazine.

Once I got home, I noticed that I could repeat this problem and it seems I needed to hold down the carrier release button while the bolt completely closed or manual press the carrier relase button again to get the carrier drop level (the silver button above the trigger) to come fully downward position.

Not sure what may be causing this issue. Perhaps this is working as designed.

:confused:

Regards, threeshot

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by threeshot:

I finally got to take my SBE II out for the first time today. I shot 120 shells through the gun.

100 shells of Winchester 2 3/4" with 3 1/4 Dr. Eq. at 1 1/8 Oz.

10 shells of Winchester Supreme 3” with Max Dr. Eq. At 2 Oz.

10 shells of Winchester Supreme 3 1/2" with Max. Dr. at 2 1/4 Oz.

I had 5 FTF (failure to feed) out of the 100 shells. The first FTF was around 50 shells fired.

The gun did not fire on the second shot (it seems that was when all of the FTF occurred out of the four shells) and when I looked down at the three-quarter open breech, the second shell was in the carrier but the bolt stop at about a third of the way down the shell. The shell was still in the carrier.

My guesses are that the bolt was closing too quickly before the next shell was totally in the carrier or that the first shell did not provide enough recoil to move the bolt fully to the rear.

I had no problems firing four in a row of the 3” shells or firing three in a row of the 3 1/2” shells.

I should state that the gun had no problems shooting the Turkey loads however my shoulder certainly felt it.

:D

After shooting four shells of the 2 3/4", I would release the bolt, and attempt to load a shell to find the carrier would not move down.

I would manually pull the bolt back and lock it back, then release it again. Most of the time this allowed me to move the carrier down so I could load a shell into the magazine.

Once I got home, I noticed that I could repeat this problem and it seems I needed to hold down the carrier release button while the bolt completely closed or manual press the carrier relase button again to get the carrier drop level (the silver button above the trigger) to come fully downward position.

Not sure what may be causing this issue. Perhaps this is working as designed.

Regards, threeshot

I have a SBE that also will fail to feed certain shells after the first shot. It also leaves the second shell in the carrier partway toward the breech.

My observation is that when the shell exits the magazine, it slams back against the trigger guard and bounces forward. I think it should be caught by the small notch at the rear of the carrier latch and should stay back at the trigger guard until the bolt moves forward. This problem occurs most with Estate shells that have a large angle on the front of the case head rim.

I sent an email to Benelli but do not have a response.

Last weekend I completed breaking-in of the SBEII with a total of 100 shells of the turkey loads.

It seems that other SBEII owners shot the turkey loads during the break-in period so their gun would shoot lighter loads.

Of course, I was using the minimum load (3 Dr. at 1 1/8 Oz) when the gun jammed, it will be interesting to see if the SBEII still jams when using the minimum recommend load now that I have completed the turkey load break-in.

I will update this thread at a later date with the results of shooting a 100 Winchester 2 3/4" with 3 1/4 Dr. Eq. at 1 1/8 Oz during a session.

[ 08-28-2004, 07:47 AM: Message edited by: threeshot ]

Since 6-7 when I posted to this topic, I have shot over 4000 rnds thru my SBEll. I don't shoot anything below 3DE and 1 1/8 oz. I have not had a malfunction in the last 3000 rnds. I fixed the stiff safety myself and Benelli sent me a new tube wrench. The only problem I have is the choke tubes loosen after a hundred rnds or so. Maybe I'm not getting them tight enough??????????Any suggestions would be appreciated............Can't wait for Sept 1st...........Upland04

The second shot feed problem with my SBE occurs with Estate shotshells. Last Sunday I shot a round of sporting clays using the estate shell for the first shot and Winchester for the second shot. No feed failures withthe second shot! The Winchester shells have a rim that is more flat on the front side.

Thanks Drundel..............I used the Birchwood lube applied to the bottom threads and skirt. It worked great and I did not get all that black carbon on the outside of the tube................I shot several rnds of trap and a limit of doves this morning without any problems. ( I won't say how many rnds the limit took)...........Thanks..........Upland

• 9 months later...

FYI, I have shot 750 rounds of 3 dram 1 oz wallyworld specials without a single jam or missfire. However, I also have had problems with my wrench fitting my skeet choke. I called benelli and they have sent me a new one.

Besides the pure physics of body size & weight, bone structure, density, muscle mass and location vs the gun design, weight, powder load and shot weight ... recoil reaction or how we perceive pain is relative. You must stay within who you are. For a pro football player to tell a horse jockey to "suck it up" is silly and cavalier if they're both shooting 3-1/2" loads. I think about the worst thing you can do is feel forced into using ammo which will have you cringing each time you slap the trigger. You'll drop ten times more game using comfortable ammunition that you find a joy to shoot ... than more powerful, heavier loads which wreck your self confidence. Whatever advantage you gain in "more pellets," you'll surely give up in subconscious "flinching" and the accompanying technique or shooting form breakdowns. Dad wants you to be tough and be a man ... but sometimes being tough is thinking for yourself and respectfully and logically explaining to Dad why 2-3/4" loads are much better for you ... at least at this point in your life. Odds are he'll respect you for it and stop pushing you to use those big berthas. I know a guy who is a wildlife biologist & professional hunter. He culls more game in one year than everyone on this forum has shot in their lifetime. He'll shoot rings around most of us. He uses nothing except "reduced recoil" loads. Stuff we consider puny ... perhaps even unmanly. LOL

Originally posted by upland04:

I purchased two SBElls. I have put 900 rounds thru mine at clays without a hitch. It shoots and cycles anything I put in it. Only complaint is the stiff safety. On the other hand, my son's will not cycle any load below 3 1/4 DE. One thing I did that he did not was take mine out and shoot two boxes of 3 in mag thru it first. They were so hot, I didn't even hold the second box to my shoulder. It shoots great and I love it. Great gun...........Upland04

--------

Hi

Can you tell me about the performance of CrioChoke™ tubes which is available with sbeII? Is there any large difference of accuracy of Shots? Which Benelli is claiming?

They said that you’ll bag more birds with our newest technology CrioChoke™ tubes? Is CrioTech™ gets more pellets on target?

Are they true?

Is SBE II has minimum jerk after the Shot? Which improve the accuracy of the Gun? Benelli also claming that, is this true?

And let me know about the Gel Pad? Benelli is claming that Gel Pad is like a pillow on your shoulder? And because of Gel Pad you’ll face minimum jerk. Is this true?

What about the weight of SBE II? Is it light or Heavy?

Is SBE II is fulfilling all the claims of Benelli from all angle which they said on there web site in favor of SBE II?

Me ready to buy SBE II (Max-4) BL: 10101. With a pass-shooting choke for long range waterfowl pass shooting.

Any advice for me?

I´ve only expererinced FTF with the gun pointing the sky while shooting at geese. maybe shot 300 rounds of 2 3/4 baby magnums @ 1400 ft/s.

I¨ll take my hat to Benelli squad as my SBEII shoots mandatory 7/8 oz. rounds of international skeet as well as my o/u.(without a single failure).

as for the safe, I just cut the spring about 1/16" and reassemble, it just works perfectly.

from down the border, JOE

Originally posted by djansma:

I finally shot my sbe2 and have put about 250 rounds through it

I did have a little problem with some 2-3/4 dram shells jamming at first to tell you the truth I didn't even no they were in my shell case Like the gun quite well and have had to other sbe's the only problem I find is the safe is quite stiff and I did like the larger triangle shaped safe on my 2 year older sbe I was shooting the improved choke tube as for the recoil did not notice a lot of difference on 2-3/4 shells but I also did not shoot

any 3 or 3-1/2 I will soon

for now they seem to have done a nice job

David

I know this ls la late post. But I just ran 150 rou nds thru my new sbe2. The safety is almost effortless [easier than most of my weapons] but still offering resistance so that you don'[t move it accidently .

I did have some cycling problems, which were my fault [old shells].

I ran some 3 inch duck load magnum loads thru it and the recoil was manageable with no bruising but some soreness.

I really like the weapon, my first autoloader and happy I invested in it.

Jan