Selecting a gun

10Percent

Hi guys. First time here so go easy. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. I spent 6 years as a cop but have also been out of that profession for 7 years now. I have not shot a gun since that time. I recently went skeet shooting and borrowed my brothers semi auto shotgun. I know nothing about shotguns but did fall in love with skeet and trap. I have shot 6 times in the past two weeks and shot in a local tourney where I finished fourth out of 35. I now want to learn more about shotguns and I also want to find a good shotgun for me to purchase. Any thoughts on a gun, not over the top pricing but around $600 would not hurt too much. Also any info you can direct me to too learn more. Thanks in advance.

I am also in the market for a new shotgun. i found looking at the companies web sites to find the msrp of most guns really narrowed my search a lot. especially if your on a tight budget. some sites i recommend are obviously the benelli site, remington.com, mossberg.com, browning.com, and beretta.com. this may seem obvious but if you really dig into the info, this can help a lot.

i have owned several shotguns including winchester and nverona and mossberg and browning and a couple of others and they all have their pros and cons but i got to play around with a nova and i have not shot one but am seriously thinking about buying one and i have shot skeet and trap with them i had one semi and the others were pump that is what i grew up on and am more proficent with the pump so i am wondering if anyone has shot them and what they think of the gun and i like the price i was quoted also

thanks

rob k

hey ten percent --welcome to the smoke-- you might be happy with a stoeger condor the supreme is about 500 bucks and the standard is even less, warning they do have a few quirks but all are not junk and i do like mine a condor supreme and for what it is worth stoeger makes a very good barrell, awesome patterns -- the bt99 is awesome but still about a thousand bucks-- used i have seen them at about a thusand bucks--but worth it -- but before you double your budget see if you can find someone with a condor or just take a look at the gun shop--too bad that there is not an option for thirty-two inch barrels

robk i shoot with a friend that had a nova now he shoots a franchi alceone-- for trap--- all of those extra moving parts---ugly-- the feeling--- o/u's just shoot and the second shot when needed is just there---look around when you next shoot at a clay bird and ask why do all of these (or most of them ) have single barrels or over/unders