Questions For Those Of You With The 11707 M4's

M4Madness

All legalities aside regarding the installation of a working telestock on the M4-series shotguns, how have you guys been doing it? I understand that the model 11707 is the only one that will accept the working telestock. The thing is, when I see the stocks for sale, no recoil tube is included. What are you guys doing for tubes? Also, are the telestocks (minus tube) that I'm seeing for sale identical to the M1014 fake telestocks?

Uhh...

The recoil tube you use is the recoil tube that is attached to the gun. That's what seperates the 11707 from the others ... our recoil tubes have notches on them, while the others are smooth.

m4tube01.jpg

m4tube03.jpg

and no idea on the fake stocks.

[ 04-06-2006, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Duggan ]

Okay, I might have figured this out on my own. I have an M1014, so I've never studied a pistol grip stock model before. I've come to the conclusion that the tube that the telestock slides on is used on all models and just fits inside the pistol grip stock models. Is this correct?

I'm currently trying to sell my M1014, but if I keep it, I'll try to buy a pistol grip stock to replace the fake telestock. Is my fake telestock the same as the ones for sale -- meaning if I were to sell it, could it be of use to someone with an 11707?

EDIT: Oops, typing at the same time. ;)

[ 04-06-2006, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: M4Madness ]

M4Madness - The stocks are all the same, it is the recoil tube that is different. And the tube itself is the same unit- the 11707 just has reliefs machined into it. It is possable to have the recoil tube modified by maching the reliefs. In other words you can make your 1014 telescope. take a look at the picture posted above and compare it to your recoil tube and you will see what I am refering to.

If you do a search or ask 'M1014' "the all knowing one" you can find a machinist who will do the work.

Originally posted by deasmuth:

M4Madness - The stocks are all the same, it is the recoil tube that is different. And the tube itself is the same unit- the 11707 just has reliefs machined into it.

Yeah, I knew that my tube wasn't the same, but for some reason I thought that the tube and stock were one. I didn't realize that the tube stays attached to the receiver and that it just fits inside when using the pistol grip stock.

If you do a search or ask 'M1014' "the all knowing one" you can find a machinist who will do the work.
Yeah, he and I have discussed it a few times. I believe that we both got M1014 shotguns about the same time when they were first released years ago. I've just been too afraid to do it, as the BATF is still saying it is illegal.

[ 04-07-2006, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: M4Madness ]

Originally posted by Red Cobra:

quote:
Originally posted by M4Madness:

I'm currently trying to sell my M1014, but if I keep it, I'll try to buy a pistol grip stock to replace the fake telestock.

How much are you selling your M1014 for? I probably won't go any lower than $1350 at this time, especially considering that everyone is sold out of the M4's. It has only been to the range one day, and probably has no more than 100 rounds through it (it's always been a safe queen.) If someone doesn't care about the ability to use a real working telestock, the limited edition M1014's like mine are the way to go. If I could find someone selling the pistol grip stocks, I'd probably put one of those on it first before selling it.

[ 04-07-2006, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: M4Madness ]