SBE jamming

kpiller

Are you using a 3 dram load? My SBE jams as well w/ "light" target loads...less than 3 drams but functions fine w/ heavy loads...3 drams plus. The manual recommends using a heavy loads for the first 100 rounds. I have put over 500 rounds through my SBE and it still will jam about every 3rd round w/ light loads. Try a heavy load...if that doesn't work take it to a gunsmith ASAP. Good luck!

I use 3 dram loads from Federal. There are 3 other guys on the team that also shoot SBE without any problem, any other ideas? I have had the gun for about 3 years, worn out part?

Originally posted by CKuwitzky:

Are you using a 3 dram load? My SBE jams as well w/ "light" target loads...less than 3 drams but functions fine w/ heavy loads...3 drams plus. The manual recommends using a heavy loads for the first 100 rounds. I have put over 500 rounds through my SBE and it still will jam about every 3rd round w/ light loads. Try a heavy load...if that doesn't work take it to a gunsmith ASAP. Good luck!

Thanks. That sounds logical to me. Have you ever heard of rotating that pin everytime you clean it? To avoid it "flat spotting"? The guy at Galyans offered that advice. His first thought though was me soft shouldering it. NAH!

I will give it a "shot" and post the results.

Originally posted by DJ:

Check the locking head pin for wear. Mine was having trouble cycling every once in awhile, nothing like yours though. I replaced it and my problems went away.

Well, the verdict is mostly in on my jamming SBE. Replaced the locking pin, shot a 3DRAM load, still jammed, put a 3 3/4 DRAM in, cycled fine.

Apparently, my SBE WILL NOT shoot 3 DRAM loads no matter what I try. I find that to be complete garbage. there are 3 other SBE on my trap team and they have NO problem shooting 3DRAM loads.

I am still open to suggestions.

Originally posted by kpiller:

Well, the verdict is mostly in on my jamming SBE. Replaced the locking pin, shot a 3DRAM load, still jammed, put a 3 3/4 DRAM in, cycled fine.

Apparently, my SBE WILL NOT shoot 3 DRAM loads no matter what I try. I find that to be complete garbage. there are 3 other SBE on my trap team and they have NO problem shooting 3DRAM loads.

I suggest you call Customer Service.

Do you work for Benelli?

Have you heard of this problem happening alot?

Originally posted by Nelli Girl:

quote:

I just got my SBE out of the box and ran a variety of loads through it. I started with 3-1/4 dram 1-1/8 oz of shot and it worked fine. I backed it down to 3 drams & then to 2-3/4 drams each with 1 oz of shot and it cycled everything. On the final shot with the 2-3/4 dram loads the bolt did not lock in the fully rearward position (though the action was partially open) however the first round cycled sufficiently to eject and then chamber the second. All of this with no break in period. I fired approximately 50 rounds through it.

Have you contacted Benelli yet? If so what have they said?

Take care

Well, the problem is fixed. It was either 1 of 2 things. I had a new recoil spring put in and also, found some gunk in the back of the rails that the bolt slides in. May have been a combination of both. Nevertheless, the problem is fixed so far.

Thanks for the advice.

Originally posted by Rob Bartels:

I just got my SBE out of the box and ran a variety of loads through it. I started with 3-1/4 dram 1-1/8 oz of shot and it worked fine. I backed it down to 3 drams & then to 2-3/4 drams each with 1 oz of shot and it cycled everything. On the final shot with the 2-3/4 dram loads the bolt did not lock in the fully rearward position (though the action was partially open) however the first round cycled sufficiently to eject and then chamber the second. All of this with no break in period. I fired approximately 50 rounds through it.

Have you contacted Benelli yet? If so what have they said?

Take care

Do you work for Benelli?

Have you heard of this problem happening alot?

Kpiller-

Becuase there are so many variables in diagnosing problems, you really should call customer service and go down the line of exactly what you are experiencing. They are there to help you and will gladly do so if you call.

The number is 301-283-6981.

quote:
Originally posted by Nelli Girl:

quote: