M4/M1014 magazine extensions - help!

Fett Tracking

Ok,

Before anybody starts pounding at their keyboards, I'd like to say that I have been reading on this forum for the bast 2-3 hours straight and have read many threads on mag extensions. It is just a shitload of info to process and I'd really like for it to be broken down.

Everybody and their mother seems to be offering a magazine extension for the M4/M1014 now. Especially since Benelli is no longer offering them to civillians.

I would like to know some highly reccomended American -made extensions and some links to purchase them. I'm not looking for the cheapest, just good quality.

Thanks for any input.

-Fett

the stock spring is made for a full length tube ... it is "too long" if you will for a 5 shot tube.

They are a good company, lots of people on here have used them, Harlan posts on here, and it's the closest you'll get to a factory looking extension.

I have the sure cycle on my M4. It's finish is not the same as factory, and it has a collar as it shows on SRM's website. But, it functions just fine. The stainless steel spring they supplied was too long. I could cut it down but decided to save it for something else and use the factory spring and it works fine with having all 7 of the2+3/4 inch shells stuffed in the tube now. This is designed for combat, therefore I don't care about looks, just functionality and the price was right. Hence I did not order this gun with gold inlaid ducks, geese, terrorists or other fancy scenes. :D

Support your local PJ

• 5 years later...

well you not gonna find a good cheap extension. i tried that route. my first extension, was a tacstar dont ever buy one i could only get 1 extra round in it and i spent about 60-70 dollars. when i got it i noticed you couldnt put the retainer clip back in so when you unscrewed the end cap the spring would fly out. i done some research and found this place freedomfightertactical called the guy (Todd) up and explained my problem and he assured me 100% that his extension would work and put the retainer clip in. his extension runs 119 dollars plus shipping (which requires a signature) when i got it i was impressed had to put a little oil on the inside to put it on. highly recommend his product. also bought a follower from him loved it.

I think he found the one he was looking for like 5 years ago ! :p 10-09-2006

well you not gonna find a good cheap extension. i tried that route. my first extension, was a tacstar dont ever buy one i could only get 1 extra round in it and i spent about 60-70 dollars. when i got it i noticed you couldnt put the retainer clip back in so when you unscrewed the end cap the spring would fly out. i done some research and found this place freedomfightertactical called the guy (Todd) up and explained my problem and he assured me 100% that his extension would work and put the retainer clip in. his extension runs 119 dollars plus shipping (which requires a signature) when i got it i was impressed had to put a little oil on the inside to put it on. highly recommend his product. also bought a follower from him loved it.