Benelli M3 Super 90

polipino888

Hello All-

Any thoughts, opinions ( Good & Bad ) about the sometimes overlooked...possibly under-appreciated Benelli M3 Super 90?

Albeit...it is a bit heavier and has a slightly longer barrel in tactical full mag-tube set-up, but its a scattergun that I don't hear much about these days. And I think Benelli USA no longer offers it...Any thoughts fellow 'Nelli fans??

Thanks in advance for posting/sharing?

Hey there,

Yes, the M3 can do it all.

I owned a M3 years ago but sold it after a short while. Nothing was wrong with it, I just thought it was too much of a compromise gun. It did many things ok, but for me, none very well.

As you said, it is heavier and my idea of a house gun is a light, short-barreled pump. And now my idea of a duck gun is a SBEII.

The M3 is one of my all time favorite tactical shotguns. Well technically the M3ST (1 w/ folding stock) To the best of my knowledge Benelli still makes the M3. Not so sure about the M3ST. Theres a member on this forum who has a couple M3's, at least 1 is the M3ST. This gun is basically designed for LE or Millitary. The pump feature allows one to use less lethal rounds which wouldn't cycle the bolt. However its never been restricted to just LE etc. fortunately.

I work at a large gunstore, and we bought it from an individual along with about 8 other firearms. My boss let me have it cheap. Even I dont think he knew how much it is worth. I dont know about selling it tho, at least right now. I really like it.

We have the same policy at my shop. Guy wants to sell us a gun me or my partner get dibbs, than it travels to the general manager, manager, and so on. If none of us want it we put it up for sale. Xmas came early for you my friend. If I were you I wouldn't sell it EVER. Unless you end up snatching another one for 500 bucks! From all the guns in your state it could happen. I heard it was against the law NOT to own a gun in Texas. JJ