Customer Service

lfharch

I ordered a left-handed, 28" SBEII w/camo 2 weeks ago. The shop I ordered it from said they have no idea when it will be shipped. I e-mailed Benelli's customer service over a week ago asking for a "ball-park" date and have received no response at all.

Am I expecting too much in wanting at least a reply? What kind of lead time should I expect between order and delivery?

Sorry, I guess I'm just a little excited about the SBEII.

Benellis tend to run short this time of year.

With many waterfowl seasons already started, and many more to start soon, most folks have bought or ordered theirs already.

I would have your dealer try to get one from a fellow Benelli dealer.

I see LH's in Sacto all the time.

mudhen - CA

lfharch,

This is truly a weakness in Benelli's system.

Horror stories have been told of guns being on order for months and months.

I always recommend getting the dealer to commit to a deadline before placing the order. If he doesn't come through by an agreed upon date, then you receive a full refund of any deposit or payment.

I further recommend finding the gun in stock somewhere to begin with, rather than placing an order.

When I bought my LH SBEII last year I called maybe 20 dealers before striking gold. I drove 350 miles round trip, but I had my gun in hand the same day.

You may also want to check on GunsAmerica.com.

There are a couple of camo (Max-4 and Timber) LH 28's on there at this very moment.

Search for "Benelli LH" and again for "Benelli left"

At a glance, the best price seems to be $1399.

[ 09-13-2005, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: tucker301 ]

Originally posted by lfharch:

I ordered a left-handed, 28" SBEII w/camo 2 weeks ago. The shop I ordered it from said they have no idea when it will be shipped. I e-mailed Benelli's customer service over a week ago asking for a "ball-park" date and have received no response at all.

Am I expecting too much in wanting at least a reply? What kind of lead time should I expect between order and delivery? I take that back You want a lefty, well that may be a lil more difficult since most stores really dont order but I have seen them there in the past.

:D :D I dont know about your state laws on shiping, ect. but i would contact a dealer out of state, I know in Phx, Az the Sportsman warehouse has plenty of them.

[ 09-13-2005, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Commando ]

NRA Guide to State Gun Laws

It's pretty much the same everywhere regarding Interstate transfers. The transfer has to go FFL to FFL. Then the dealer in your state will take care of the registrations, applications, x-rays, or whatever else your state requires for the purchase of the firearm.

AuctionArms.com and Gunbroker.com have links to help you find transfer dealers in your state.

[ 09-13-2005, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: tucker301 ]

I've found that directing my customer service concerns to the nearest brick wall is slightly more productive than the email.

My theory is that nobody at Benelli USA speaks italian, and nobody at Benelli Italy speaks english. All phone conversations between the two take place in two different languages. So therefore Benelli USA has no idea the factory only operates two weeks out of the year and all products are shipped via barge.

[ 09-14-2005, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: 69beers ]

I was going to order a SBE II from a dealer and he said it would take 3 weeks at the earliest. So I called around and found a SBE II 26" at Gander Mountain which came off the truck that day and I absolutely love it. A 28" barrel SBE II will go quick more so than a SBE II 26". I think there is a high demand for the SBE II and Benelli can only put so many out at time.

Originally posted by lfharch:

Am I expecting too much in wanting at least a reply? What kind of lead time should I expect between order and delivery?

• 3 weeks later...

69beers has astutely observed and accurately conveyed the precise procedures and expectations of the Benelli/customer "relationship." Although relationship may not be the right word, since the term relationship implies that there are two parties participating. I sort of get the impression that the "customer" is at best an faint, abstract, mirky, afterthought; floating aimlessly and only occasionally striking & triggering conscious awareness in the minds of a bunch of my crazed countrymen over there; buried in the passion & romance of designing and building a Ferrari like firearm. 99.9% of them probably have no idea what happens after the guns leave the end of the factory.

On a more serious note ... I suggest you take either the 26" or 28" if you can find one. I have done a fair amount of shotgunning with guns from 24" to 30"; ordered & bought a 28" barrel for my SBEII and the barrel "feels" a little long to me. Not uncomfortably long, but the 26" would feel fine too. Ballistically, there is no difference in performance, so it's just a mater of preference.

Butch-M...I called about 5 other dealers and found exactly what I wanted...in fact I picked it up yesterday.

Benelli did respond to the e-mail I had sent them asking about delivery dates...I only had to wait 3 weeks for the reply. They said the gun I had originally ordered is on a boat somewhere in the Atlantic and will arrive in 3-4 weeks or about 2 1/2 months after I ordered it.

If anybody is looking for a LH, 28", SBEII with camo I know where to find one.