A new way to mount extra shells on your Benelli

Mesa Tactical

A few months ago, StevenB mentioned that we were working on some radical new products for the Benelli M4/M1014. Well, last month we began shipping on-gun shell holders for the M4/M1014 and the M2 Tactical, and this week we just put them on-line:

mesa_tactical_benelli_shell_holders_for_web.jpg

These are machined from 6061-T6 aluminum and attach to the weapon at the top of the receiver, using the factory tapped rail holes.

They can be purchased via the following link: Mesa Tactical Shell Holders for Benelli

We would be happy to use this forum thread to address any questions you might have about these new products.

[ 01-13-2006, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: Mesa Tactical ]

I saw a set-up like this on tv, ths shells should be upside down tho, pull them out of the bottom and they are right there ready to be inserted. The guy said it cut several seconds off his time...this also allowed him to put the but of the gun on its side on top of his shoulder so it was at ready as soon as he was done reloading, i think he had 10 in a soft holder strapped the same way. was a very fast method of reloading, ( i belive he was SWAT)

its good looking too

Originally posted by 300lb shark:

I saw a set-up like this on tv, ths shells should be upside down tho, pull them out of the bottom and they are right there ready to be inserted.

Here is a picture from anohter thread showing the holder being used like you siad. The guy who sent it in is stevenb. I thikn he works at Mesa.

13.jpg

Originally posted by Mesa Tactical:

A few months ago, StevenB mentioned that we were working on some radical new products for the Benelli M4/M1014.

I chekced the webpage for the extended rail shell holder and ddn't see it. Is it for sale to?

Also could'nt find the rail forend on the webpage and the SHOTShow ish ere already. How goes the work on the

FCAM for Benelli M4 (black grip) $350.00

FCAM for Benelli M4 with 6 Shell Holder (black grip) $395.00

FCAM for Benelli M4 with 8 Shell Holder (black grip) $410.00

But $350 and Iv'e got to use my the shotgun's regular handguards???? Puhleez! Per yuor comments on the other page I think the Benneli forearm plastic does'nt cut the mustard...If you use plastic it shoudl be rubber coted like the pistol grip, like the one's Hoge makes... and the rubber-coted forend should come with it instead of some chintsy vertical grip IHMO.

The item in the photo above is a custom shell holder and rail StevenB made by cutting down an early FCAM prototype. It is not a production item.

The FCAM, which was discussed extensively here in an earlier thread, will be introduced at next week's Marine West show at Camp Pendleton, and at the SHOT Show next month.

StevenB does not work for Mesa Tactical, but he helped us with the FCAM design.

• 1 month later...

I just traded my trusty 590 for an M2. I love the saddle concept (had one on the Mossy) and would like to put one on the M2 for 3 gun. However, I believe that I read on another post that it is not recommended to put a sidesaddle on the Benelli shotguns with the I-drive as the extra weight will not allow the gun to cycle properly!? Is there any truth to that, has anyone experienced this?

Thanks for the help!!!

Originally posted by cjtfd:

However, I believe that I read on another post that it is not recommended to put a sidesaddle on the Benelli shotguns with the I-drive as the extra weight will not allow the gun to cycle properly!? Is there any truth to that, has anyone experienced this?

You may have problems with light or "tactical" loads. The solution is to use normal loads. Folks who do this experience no problems.

Hey Mesa Tactical,

Do you folks make/sell the short picitiny front rail set up as seen on StevenB gun? I have looked all over for this and can not find it. Any help will be appriciated and I will be ordering a shell holder from you. ;)

I'm not crazy about the eight shell holder for the m4, Is it possible for you to offer a six shell holder?

Does the shell holder have anything underneath it to protect the m4 from getting scratches?

[ 03-10-2006, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: sonny27 ]

We had a manufacturing glitch that resulted in all our first run of extrusion for the six-shot SureShells being scrapped. That is why we don't show a part number for the six-shell model on our web site (though it is in our catalog).

New six-shell brackets are being machined this week, and then will be sent off to the platers. It will take a few weeks for them to be anodized.

All our SureShell shell holders feature an adhesive-backed rubber gasket on the inside of the bracket to protect the shotgun receiver from the SureShell assembly.