Nova Pump?

uprightrocks

I was wondering if there are any left-hander nova pump owners out there. because I am left-hand and i really like the nova pump,but i am concerned about the shells getting in my face and the safety being convenent to use.

If there are any of you out there please tell me how it's working for you.

Thanks

I'm a lfty and I bought my nova last year.

I have shot a right-handed Remington 870 for years and I'm accustomed to using right-handed guns in general.

I have no problems with the nova.

The safety can be converted for left hand use fairly easily, but if you don't feel comfortable doing the conversion yourself, then your shop should be able to do it for you. If they can't, then Benelli certainly can, although you'll probably miss a lot of this season's usage while waiting for them to get it back to you.

The ejection is forward and outward, so there's no problem there.

To be honest, the slide release is a bit clumsy because you have to reach around and under to get to it with the left hand.

You should look at the Nova and a Browning BPS, at least before making a final decision.

With bottom ejection and tang safety, the BPS is ambidexterous.