R1 barrels are availible, but $$$ and weeks

GlennRoss

Hey folks,

I thought some of you might be interested a bit of info I got from a special order inquiry from Cabela's on R1 barrels.

This is the un-edited reply to my email:

"Good Afternoon:

Thank you for visiting Cabela’s website and your recent inquiry.

In speaking with the manufacturer, the Barrel is available. The cost of this item is $519.99 for the 22 inch, plus $13.95 shipping and handling. The 20 inch barrel is also available at $519.99 plus $13.95 shipping and handling.

If you are interested in ordering, please call 1-800-237-8888 ext 121. We are open from 6 A.M.– 6 P.M. MT, Monday-Friday and 7 A.M. – 3 P.M. on Saturdays.

We suggest not sending your credit card information through email since email is not a secure transmission.

Please allow 30-60 days for the 22" .30-06 and 3 weeks for the 20" WinMag for delivery once the order has been placed.

We appreciate your interest in Cabela’s Special Products and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Coleen

Cabela’s Special Products Department"

There you have it. They are availible special order at more than half the cost of the rifle. Considering really it is half of the gun -- it isn't really half-bad. I'm sure the special order status vs in-stock drives the price up.

Now, does anyone know if there is a seller who keeps these on-hand? (I am so dreaming...) :eek:

-Glenn

You may want to call Mann & Sons to see what they can do for you. They may be able to beat that price - 618-357-2911. Not sure if you know this or not but when you buy this barrel, you are also getting the complete bolt assembly to fit with that. Anyway, If you bought the item through a local Cabela's by picking it up you should not have to pay any shipping fees, Benelli covers shipping fees to the dealers. I don't think this is a "specail order" item as it's listed in the catalog, maybe just because they don't normally keep this in stock - not sure.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by BenelliGirl:

You may want to call Mann & Sons to see what they can do for you. They may be able to beat that price - 618-357-2911. Not sure if you know this or not but when you buy this barrel, you are also getting the complete bolt assembly to fit with that. Anyway, If you bought the item through a local Cabela's by picking it up you should not have to pay any shipping fees, Benelli covers shipping fees to the dealers. I don't think this is a "specail order" item as it's listed in the catalog, maybe just because they don't normally keep this in stock - not sure.

• 3 weeks later...